Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been wondering through the forums and did a search to see if something came up to have my questions answered and i have not came up with anything or maybe im just missing it, i was looking in breeder feedback and don't see anything.

So my question is:

my dog is 1yr 4 months and im looking to breed him, what would be my first step
1. how would i locate another person to breed with
2. how much money does everyone charge for studing him out
3. he has papers and all that
4. is there a website or anything to contact people?

and if theres anything else i should know that would be helpful before i turn my dog into durty birdie.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Sorry to be the one to inform you of this but you Boxer should be neutered and not bred. He is a white boxer and they should not be bred. Please do him a favor and have him neutered

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hey there, it's not actually permissable to breed Whites as they don't conform to the breed standard.  There are loads of other things to consider before you breed, which I'm sure people will point out, but most of them are pretty much waylaid by the fact that you can't breed MacDiesel anyway.

Tis the way of the world!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You're not supposed to breed white boxers. I agree, have him neutered. It's better for him in the long run anyways.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Guess they ^^^^^^ summed it up.White boxers for a long time wasnt reconginzed to be papered.I have had 1 in my times (but he came from a litter I had) our vet said samething......get him fixed.DONT BREED WHITE BOXERS is what I have always been told.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I read you say he has papers and all of that...what papers? I didn't think whites weren't able to be AKC registered because they are not the breed standard.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i sgree with the above statements. please have him neutered.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Does anyone have a list of possible medical reasons etc. why white boxer should not be bred? I think it might be a helpful resource in the future.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
From the above link - ( and sure Jennifer (Newcastle) has other health related info)

(1) Some of the white pups, with little or no pigment in their skin, must be kept out of the sun because they sunburn. This is similar to a condition observed in Collies which is called "Collie nose."

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Sorry to say... along with everyone else. Though he may be a wonderful companion and just all around perfect... he's not... as far as breeding goes. Please do the right thing and have him neutered. You are also suppose to wait till they are at least 2 yrs old so you can have all the proper health checks done to even see if your boxer is a good candidate for being bred. Unfortunately, since he's white... he doesn't even get that far.

Didn't read it all but there is good info on here too...
http://www.ncbr.org/ca/white_boxers.php

·
Registered
220 Posts
CrazieKC\";p=\"55641 said:
I read you say he has papers and all of that...what papers? I didn't think whites weren't able to be AKC registered because they are not the breed standard.
AKC allows limited registration only for whites.  

Scott

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The issue of breeding whites really isn't with the health of whites. It's the fact that they do not meet the boxer standard and since only those boxers which best meet the standard should be bred, whites should be excluded from breeding programs.
Standard??...Why is standard so important? The standard is a blueprint of what boxers should look like and if that blueprint isn't followed, boxers won't look like boxers. It's that simple. If you breed ANY dog that doesn't fit the blueprint of that particular breed you take the first step to irreversably changing that breed. If boxers are being bred without being to the breed standard, we are going to have two different types of boxers. We will have the "show" boxer that obviously will look like a boxer because it has been bred to the standard. Then we would have the "pet" boxer, which probably wouldn't look much like a boxer at all in the long run. We already have differences in the "show" and "pet" boxer as far as minor faults and color differences. I look at my Maddie and I can pinpoint several faults due to irresponsible breeding.
Responsible ethical breeders are concerned with improving the breed and will only breed those boxers that best represent the breed. White boxers are boxers, and other than a higher incident of deafness and the possiblility of sunburn, are as "healthy" as any other boxer. They are also susceptable to all the health issues that can affect any other boxers.
This is a "hot topic" but it's really rather simple:
Whites do not meet the standard therefore should not be bred.  :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a question...I have read the breed standard but to me it's really really hard to decipher and understand...is there any article that really lays it out in idiot terms?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
try looking in the stickys there is a thread about it

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.