Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** this an email i recieved from the dogster group boxers international..i thought everyone should read and maybe Sharon can add to it?
or anyone else thats heard anything?

Group: Boxers International  
Layla Ali

I just received this product alert and wanted to pass the info along ASAP. It was sent to me by a trusted friend and vet. This happened to a friend of hers. The vet said one of the most surprising things is that Fort Dodge is actually paying the med bills without a fight as in the past dealings she

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Thanks for the warning Ky.  We would hate to risk our beautiful boxers to this stuff!

Nano

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Ky this is the first I have heard of adverse reactions....but....it is a very new product.  I was not real happy with the information originally provided by the FD sales rep and had already decided not to carry the product, so I have not really had any first hand experience with it. Generally when it comes to "new" stuff.....I will not carry it within the first year of it coming out....The other one that I decided not to carry for the same reasons and a few more was Comfortis.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Thanks Ky.  I had just seen a commercial for this the other day and thought about looking into it for Rocky.  I won't be doing that now.  Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw this too KY and then did an internet search.  This is a pretty common occurrence for the people who have tried it.  8O  They are also saying if you have asthma, it can set off an attack.  I haven't personally seen this, but the report is that the packaging actually says on it that you should not allow your dog to sleep with you or your children for 72 hours after application to prevent medication reactions in humans!  Now, that's scary!

It is made by the makers of the infamous Pro-Heart6 that had inadequate research studies done and killed several dogs prior to being pulled from shelves.  Several veterinary clinics have reported that they will not carry it until it has been in use a minimum of 2 years and several that have sold it are discontinuing it's use for their clients due to reactions.  Maybe it won't take as long to have this pulled as it took for Pro-Heart!  :evil:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thanks for the warning Ky.  Sounds like scary stuff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Scary stuff, good to know as I'm about to order some k-9. Trying online petmeds, never have used this b-4.
Hopefully the posts will continue so it's stay at the top, very important for all of us to read.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was also looking to replace our frontline plus since weve been on it for 2 yrs now & it doesnt seem to be working anymore..so glad i saw this email...PHEW !!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
K9 Advan is still at the top of my list and I think it is good to switch up Ky....I switch on Fiona each time I get it.....

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes thats def what im going with...:D ty Sharon...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I'm with Sharon on the K9 Advantix, that's what we have been using as well, been very effective

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Ky. Working in the pharmaceutical field new meds...human or animal related new meds always make me a little leary because they haven't been used for that long.
I started using Advantix on Phoenix last year...my vet had never heard of it or carried it but I did my research first and they ordered it in for me from their american supplier.

·
Registered
171 Posts
dammit. I just put this on my girl. Vet moved her to this for Demodectic Mange. I hope she is ok. Should have searched first.

·
Registered
171 Posts
SNOPES somewhat discounts that chain email about promeris being bad. Apparently, the symptoms can be caused by ingestion. It is on the back of her neck, so I doubt she can get to it.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow!!!

I don't use it... I use K9 Advantix... I also switch it up like Sharon said.

I buy mine from my vet, they're the cheapest I've found any where... including 1800petmeds!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts