Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount of activity at the Rainbow Bridge.  Decisions had to be made.  They had to be made quickly.  And they were.  An issue, not often addressed here at the Bridge, is the fact that many of the residents really have no loved one for whom to wait.  Think of the pups that lived and died at the hideous puppy mills.  No one on earth loved or protected them.  What about the many who spent their lives tied up in backyards?  And, the ones who were abused?  Who are they to wait for?

We don't talk about that much up here.  We share our loved ones as they arrive, happy to do so.  But we all know there is nothing like having your very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the heavens.  

One Tuesday morning a special request rang out for pups not waiting for a specific persons to volunteer for special assignments.  An eager, curious crowd surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would be.  They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, that 6000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready.  All the pups, as all pups do, felt the peoples pain deep in their own hearts.  Without hearing more, there was a clamoring amoung them, "May I have one to comfort?"  "I'll take two, I have a big heart."  "I have been saving kisses forever!"

One after another they came beggig for assignment.  One cozy looking Boxer pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children coming?  I would be very comforting to a child because I'm soft and squishy and have always wanted to be hugged."

A group of Dalmations came forward asked to greet the Firemen and be their friends.  The larger working breeds came forward and asked to greet the Policemen and make them feel at home.  Little dogs volunteered to do what they do best, cuddle and kiss.  Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or pat on the head, came forward and said, "I will ove any human who needs love!"

Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originallt came from, rushed to the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share--each tail wagging an American flag!!!  

Hope you all enjoy this...A friend emailed this to me to post on my site and I had to share.  Cried the whole time I was trying to post this!!!  Very touching!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Thanks I needed a good cry today! Very heartwarming, especially after the tragedy with the fire fighters in South Carolina last night...  :cry:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMG!! you warned me but i didnt listen, serves me right. I should have waited til i got home, but no!! i had to be stubborn and read it at work. :D wonderful story, so very sad

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I cried and I smiled...A great story Liz, thanks for sharing that with us....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought you guys might like it.  I bawled like I had never bawled before!  I'm not a big crier, but Holy Cow!!! did I cry with this.  I even sent it to mt fiancee/hubby and he said he had to explain to his supervisor why he had a "wet face"!  LOLOLOL!!!  I laighed my a** off at that.  

I'm glad yo liked it!!  I have a few more like this I can put p if you like, but they are mostly funny and heart-warming, not so much tear jerkers!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely, share the other ones you have..I have some also, have to locate them on the pc...Hmmm where did I put them?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sorry off topic but has anyone read about the conversation with God about grass (lawn grass - lol).  If not, I will post that under a different topic.  It is funny.

·
Registered
780 Posts
What a wonderful story!  No dry eyes here.... we know our Calli and Berk would be right there waiting to give their hugs and kisses!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Wonderful story.  Really hits home, my boyfriend is a fire fighter, and with the tragedy in South Carolina it makes you stop and think about things.  I just printed it out.  Thanks for sharing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts