Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm sure at one time or another all of you have experienced this, the boxing paw that goes astray and clocks you on various parts of your anatomy :bsoop: Well, I want to hear the best ones you got..I have tons, but I think the all time winner is when Buck jumped in the jacuzzi, thinking I'm going to catch him, those lethal feet clocked me in the cheek and proceeded to drag down the top of my bathing suit :signeek: Oh, did I mention we had guests at the time? Rather embarrassing for me and of course I ended up with a nasty scratch on my face to top it off....

So let's hear your best stories everyone :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don' really have any yet... he gets me all the time from his "boxing" but nothing embarrasing yet... I'm sure my days are numbered though!  :rofl:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
a few hours before my sister Diane's baby shower, my other sister Lisa and i were setting up... my brother in law was there also, with Maggie... and Maggie is a jumper... i mean her butt gets higher then her head type of jumping... Maggie tends to jump on Lisa more then anyone, cause lisa will fall to the floor and maggie can begin the 10 minute licking session... Lisa was all dressed up so she couldnt fall to the floor today, and maggie just kept jumping, and jumping, and as many of you know the top of their heads are like anvils... lmao... she clocked my sister Lisa in the jaw, i swear we all thought she broke her jaw.... (i love my sister, but it was funny) lol

Maggie and Jessie, always, get my bf in the  family jewels!!! always makes for a good story!

When maggie was about a year old... i was watching her, and someone was at the door, so i went to open the door, and in the process maggie runs at me from behind, and hits me in the back of the knee and i actually fell to my knees, and then she jumps on my back... and knocks me on my stomach...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ROTFLMAO....Oh yea, Marq and most of his friends have experienced the "family jewels" thing....Loved the stories.....Keep em coming everyone.....

Oh and MASTRAY, Yea, your days are numbered...Lol....

·
Registered
977 Posts
The number of times i've been brutalized by Voltaire are countless but he's never undressed me in front of guests yet :rofl: That's a classic, hi hi!! I would've been mortified :oops: that's so funny i'll be telling my husband that one! :lol:
I'm usually black and blue - don't you just hate it when they dig their claws into your thigh, back, wherever and scrape down leaving an eight inch welt that turns into an enormous bruise. Sometimes you get three parallel ones. Haven't worn an above the knee skirt since i've had him- and tights ('pantyhose' is it?) are a no-no. What about the head-butt under the chin that makes you bite a chunk out of your own tongue?
And the boxer burn that catches you behind the knees and sends you 5ft into the air before a crash landing? I tense up and begin to sweat when i hear him arriving behind me at full speed now 8O !

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I get enough bruises from walking into my coffee table on my own, you should see my shins... they are awful... lol  Jessie doesnt really do anything to me, we cuddle... she beats the crap out of my BF though!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Ha, Jessiesmom, i hadn't read yours when i posted my last bit but it's nice to know we're sharing our pain :lol:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
caillou\";p=\"7354 said:
Ha, Jessiesmom, i hadn't read yours when i posted my last bit but it's nice to know we're sharing our pain :lol:
LOL!  i was so pissed that no one was there to see it happen... i think people thought i was lying... except other boxer owners ofcourse! LOL!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now I am sporting about 5 bruises on my leg from Angel stepping on me and 2 huge scratches on my leg where she got me good yesterday waving one of those lethal paws around... :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
And aren't boxers supposed to show a bit of sympathy when their owner is lying on the foor "playing dead".
Nooooo, why be worried about my owner and try to wake him/her up gently with a bit of nudging and licking when i can stomp all over afore mentioned person, biting ears, pulling hair and brutally shoving my flat little face full of drool into theirs repetedly :lol: That works sooo much better!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i sprained my ankle at the end of march, and it seemed like every time she got a chance she would step on the that foot...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
caillou\";p=\"7358 said:
And aren't boxers supposed to show a bit of sympathy when their owner is lying on the foor "playing dead".
Nooooo, why be worried about my owner and try to wake him/her up gently with a bit of nudging and licking when i can stomp all over afore mentioned person, biting ears, pulling hair and brutally shoving my flat little face full of drool into theirs repetedly :lol: That works sooo much better!

Well I got to say that mine have been pretty good in that dept....One time I was in the kitchen and Buck & Tia came flying thru, chasing each other..Buck clipped me behind my legs and down I went on the tile floor, hit my elbow soo hard I was crying...Buck, bless his heart, came to a screeching halt, turned and got right in my face and licked my tears away and gave me that "I'm so sorry Momma look"....Made me cry even more but for good reasons....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie hasn't really boxed us.  He's scratched the wife some and I can't count the times that he'd put a paw on the family jewels.  Most of time when I'm in the recliner he'll put his front paws up and wait for you to pet him.  About half his paws find the boys instead of the recliner!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"7364 said:
[quote="caillou\";p=\"7358":212dj9mn]And aren't boxers supposed to show a bit of sympathy when their owner is lying on the foor "playing dead".

Well I got to say that mine have been pretty good in that dept....One time I was in the kitchen and Buck & Tia came flying thru, chasing each other..Buck clipped me behind my legs and down I went on the tile floor, hit my elbow soo hard I was crying...Buck, bless his heart, came to a screeching halt, turned and got right in my face and licked my tears away and gave me that "I'm so sorry Momma look"....Made me cry even more but for good reasons....[/quote:212dj9mn]

theres been a few times that ive been upset and crying, not because of something Jessie did to me... but she always wants to cuddle with me when im upset...

·
Registered
521 Posts
theres been a few times that ive been upset and crying, not because of something Jessie did to me... but she always wants to cuddle with me when im upset...
isn't it amazing how receptive they are?  i was nearly crying because i was SO HAPPY becks was home last night, and he just cuddled right up next to me and fell asleep in my lap :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One of the most endearing traits of a boxer is their empathy and yes it is wonderful when this loving animal crawls in your lap and just rests himself against you, just letting you know that everything is going to be ok...How could you not fall in love with ?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
This is a great topic!! I think all the above has happened to me! Oh...except the jacuzzi incident!  :oops:

Hmmm...the most embarrassing one....
I was trying to teach Buster how to swim in the pool one day. Well, I was home alone, I know..dumb idea already. Well, I couldn't coax Buster into the pool on his own, and rather than just throw him in, I figured I would carry him in.   :emtidea:  Hello.... 74 lbs. of pure muscle?!?!
So here I go, onto the pool deck, pick up Buster, again 74 lbs...,I start walking into the pool with him.  Wow, he's really okay with this.  :eek:  Well, I get him in the pool and figure okay I'll just let go. WRONG!!!  :crazyeye:
There were legs flying, flapping, and grabbing everywhere. There was water splashing every which way, I couldn't even see. When I finally was able to get him and calm him down and carry him (did I mention he was 74 lbs?) out of the pool, I discovered I was pretty much wounded!  :doh:  I had these scratches all down my arms, down my stomach, and all over my thighs...on the insides and outside! I pretty much looked like I got into a war with a wolverine!  8O  Let me tell you...it wasn't pretty!
Well, don't ya know the next day I had my yearly gynecological exam. Yes, I actually went.  :shifty:  Well, when the doctor came in and said "scoot on down" , and then a quick, "what the heck happened to you?" It was quite embarrassing to say the least, and I don't really think he was a boxer person because I don't think he bought my story too much.  :chatterbox:
And that's the last time I went to that doctor or office!  Oh, and that was also the last time I ever try to get the dogs to swim in the pool by myself again!  :winkle:

·
Registered
214 Posts
No boxing paw to me yet, but our poor chiuaua gets it all the time!!! tyson and brian box a lot. brian just ends up standing up on his back legs and waving both of his hands at Tysons face, but one whack from Tyson and hes out!!! i think I gave him the right name!! you guys should see it, its wonderful. OH Tyson diddnt cry this morning when I put him back in his crate!!!! I THINK HES GETTING USED TO IT!!!!.

·
Registered
616 Posts
No accidents with Scout (yet...) but Gunner has broken 2 pair of my glasses.  He jumped on the bed one day and his paw landed square on the bridge of my nose breaking off the nose piece and the second time we were wrestling on the floor and he clubbed me in the the face again.  He is alwasy smooshing/grinding them into my face.  OMG, I swear I wished I could wear contacts again!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="mom2scout&gunner\";p=\"7387":23sk8y57]No accidents with Scout (yet...) but Gunner has broken 2 pair of my glasses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts