Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
aww how sad and moving...watching that it's hard to believe I'm trying to get a job in Animal Protection...of course Autumn had to be as cute and sucky as possible, putting her head on the keyboard during the entire video and staring up at me with her always sad looking boxer eyes, only taking it off just as the video ended haha...I think she knows how to push my buttons.

The Humane Society here in Ottawa is not a no-kill, because no-kills are selective about what animals they take in.  They accept all animals, assess them for health and temperment and as long as they're not about to die or are red-zone kind of vicious they go up for adoption.  Once they've made that cut they're safe.  They will stay at the shelter until they find a home for them (however, the max any dog I've heard of being there is still under 2 months, they've got an amazing turnover - and he was a horse sized husky from up north.  They get shipments of practically wild dogs from Iqaluit (no shelters up there) on a weekly basis).  I know all shelters aren't that good though.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Both of ours are fixed!  I hate thumbing through craigslist and seeing stuff on shelters that are gonna put animals down if there not adopted by such and such date.  Two is all this house can handle, but it's still sad.

·
Registered
913 Posts
San Antonio has just recently gone to a no-kill community. They have an excellent program in place that even Ashley going to one of the best vets in town had her spay for ( get this..sounds UNREAL ) $62.00. The city pays the rest of the vets bill for you.
When I moved here in 2005 I was sickened and appalled at the number of lost abandoned, or dead animals I saw on a daily basis. Now, although it will take years for the population count to come to a more controlled level, there is hope that small fee's will encourage pet owners to act in a responsible manner.
I was saddened, and sickened by the video, but the truth lies there..plain as day for us all to see. I hope and pray that the people who populate the world with unwanted, unloved, and uncared for helpless animals DO pay someday..it rests with us all to encourage, and in Gods hands for final judgement.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
How sad :(
My sister just did her senior project on animal rights and she made a video that made me cry
I will have to show this too her!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Sooo sad and pointless.

My dog has been with me for 3 weeks and 4 days. He had spent 2 months in a shelter before he came to live in his forever home. He has a scar all around his neck apparently from a too tight chain and a scar on his leg from who knows what. He is approximately 3 years old and 60lb of sweetness. He has already learned commands and his new name. Since he had been a stray, there was no way to know what he had been called. He still has much more to learn and is so eager to please. He's wonderful and I am blessed for having him in my life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts