Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how everyone's boxers do when it comes to water, swimming, bath time, etc. Mya does not like bath time. She will stand still and let me bathe her, but she doesn't like it and cannot hardly wait to get out.

When we go swimming at the park with my friend and her dogs Mya doesn't really go near the water and prefers to walk along the trees and stay on dry land. I have still never been able to get her to go into the pond and she is almost 3 years old!

Just wondering if this is a boxer thing or if its just a Mya thing. :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Jackson's not fond of bath time. I have to literally shove him from behind into our walk in shower, with all four of his feet skidding along trying not to move - lol! Once he's in and the door is closed, he's good. We've never taken him swimming, so I don't know how he'd react to that.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Ty thinks water burns like acid. Echo loves water. She loves playing in it, swimming and bath time. She also hops into the shower every now and then.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Our Boy hated it. Oliver will join you in the shower if you don't watch him.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ruby loves water! She loves swimming and diving under the water, loves playing in the sprinklers, loves bath time any type of water Ruby loves it. I got lucky my last boxer Zelda hated water.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I think it is an individual thing Buster HATES rain but loves sprinklers Ziggs AKA pond pupppy LOVES water and rain and baths and showersand swimming and any way she can get wet Brandi is ok with rain ok with baths LOVES sprinklers but sinks like a stone in a pond :huh:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried to kind of coax her into the pond at times, but she doesn't like it at all and she just stops moving all together lol.

There was one time this past summer that she chased the hose water a little bit, but it didn't last very long. ?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
This morning was our first rainy day since we have had Kai. he hated the rain but at least he did his morning job. He cried the whole time. Now he is all dried off , fed and napping on the couch with my daughter.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Kailer loves loves loves the water, his kiddie pool in the summer, the hose etc
Titan hates the water won't go near the kiddie pool and will go to the hose if I happen to hold it but not for anyone else

baths - we have only bathed our dogs twice since we've had them and not since going RAW

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha so cute. Mya is definitely opposite. She won't even go in the bathroom and when we go to the pond or the pool she is as far away as possible. She's played with the hose once, but that was on an exceptionally hot day and I'm sure that had something to do with it lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mya had a bath last night and it is safe to say she still does not like water one bit lol :chair:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts