Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went and looked at two sets of boxer pups last night.  My late boxer BO was a brindle and I said that my next one was going to be a fawn, well we went and checked the set which all the pups left were brindle,  they are 7 weeks old and oh my are they cute.  We fell in love with all 7 of them and will be hard to choose if we go for the brindle.  The second set was all fawn, and the breeder said the dogs were 10 weeks old.   Although they were cute they seemed too big for 10 weeks old they said they were around 26 pounds.  I just really did'nt trust them I think these pups were probably 16 weeks old.  The vets dates on the paper were wrong too saying the dogs were born on September 26,  she said that was a mistake.   Anyway we decided we would get one of the brindle pups.  So we are going to go back on Wednesday and decide which one we want.  I am getting excited and nervous and the same time knowing there will be another baby in our house.   Oh and by the way kinda ironic but these pups were born just 3 days after the death of our BO.  We thought it was a sign:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That's wonderful news, can't wait to see pictures of your new baby.  When can you bring he/she home?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know ya'll are really excited.  I'm excited for you!  I know it's gonna be hard to pick out of 7 pups but I'm sure you will get the right one for you.  Good luck and can't wait to see pics and hear all about him/her.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Congrats, I'm soo happy for you...Have to agree, that second breeder sounds a bit dicey, go with your gut, if it doesn't feel right, I'd stay clear of that litter....Can't wait to see pics of the new addition....Obviously it was meant to be, what a coincidence, that they were born so close to Bo's passing...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Congratulations on your decision to get a new baby.  I hope it will help your family with the grieving process and will definitely keep you busy.  I don't think coat color is all that important.  It's the individual puppy you will come to love - not his/her coloring.  I agree that there are too many mistakes with the one breeder- I'd steer clear of them.  Good luck and we'll look forward to pictures when you make your decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts