Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We liked Ginger and Daisy but couldn't decide.
We kept tossing those two back and forth and my son sugested we mix them so....Ginger + Daisy = Ginsy  

She is 7 1/2 weeks old now and getting bigger everyday.  She isn't sleeping as much and is getting much more active and playful :D

This pic was taken today :lol:

I was trying to get a pic of her facing the camera but she saw me on the floor looking at her and she took off running toward me.  She loves to sit on my lap when I'm on the floor.  it makes it hard to get good pics.  But this one makes me laugh :lol:

I have a poop question..... :oops:   she has very soft almost runny poop.  her first of the day is more solid but after that it gets really soft.  and she usually poops 2 or 3 times on a single walk.  She was only 5 1/2 weeks when we got her... could it be that she was taken from mommys milk too soon and is having some trouble digesting puppy food?  Should I try puppy formula?  Any other ideas??

She

·
Registered
521 Posts
she is SO PRECIOUS!!! and I love the name!  the second picture is so cute!

How far are you walking her?  The stool softens with activities, our boxer pup is the same way.  The rule is only walk 5 minutes for every month of age they are.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing in the morning I walk her down the drive and up the road the length of our yard then cut across the yard back tho the front door.  I'm not sure how long that is but not long 8)
it has been really cold this week and she hates to go outside at all right now :roll:   she's really pitiful about it too :lol: so we don't stay out long.

She would do her business and head to the door.  then once inside where it is warm she would poop again by the trash can in the kitchen. :lol:  Sneaky little pip squeek!   I learned to make her stay out long enough to poop at least twice (usually 3x) on her first walk of the day.   So now I don't let her come back into the house till I am certain she is done :lol:

Later in the day we take her out just to play for awhile.  And she has a great time running around with all the kids.

All in all she is doing very well house training (other than her aversion to the cold)  As long as we watch her while she is out in the house we don't have any accidents.  And any time we can't watch her seh goes in her crate.  seems to be working so far.

I just hope she doesn't decide to get stubborn about it as she gets older.

Hey have any of you had trouble getting your puppy to go on the grass or in a pinestraw bed?  She totally prefers the road or sidewalk and I have to pick her up mid squat and put her on the grass or pinestraw (where DH prefers she goes,  he doesn't want poop in the yard where the kids play :wink:  :roll: )

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yes, both of mine had an aversion to the grass when they were young.  She will outgrow it.  Only Gunner (9 mos) will pee on the sidewalk if he is too into his walk.  He sometimes forgets his manners.  :roll:   She is a cutie pie!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
how absolutly adorable! I love that second pic-made me laugh!!!  :lol: Savannah and Sasha do the same thing. Everytime the camera comes out they get right on my feet and it is so hard to get a pic!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
well, you can let her poop in the yard and then just pick it up rigt away with plastic baggies?  that's what we do!

my little beckham DEFINITELY hates codl weather, too; he's a big ol' baby about it :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Ginsy is soooo cute!! I love that ear......and that second pic is histerical!  :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That white ear is one of the reasons we chose her :wink:  

And the fact that she was the runt and I was really concerned about her health in the litter.  She has really fattened up since we brought her home.
Big Budda belly now :lol:

I just love that second pic too 8)   She bounces when she runs.  like she is hopping, or pouncing.   Galumph, galumph, galumph...  trips me out just watching her.  I think it is totally cool that I captured the moment on film :wink:

·
Registered
491 Posts
She is a beauty!  I have an almost 5 month old we named her Ginger.  My daughter chose it.  Really seems to fit, she's flashy dark brindle.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh I love the pictures, the second one especially....As for the poop question, even mine as adults will get a bit of the runny stools if they have been playing a lot, so that's not uncommon really...Laughing at Ginsy trying to outthink you about not wanting to do her business outside...Once you figure out their routine, that's half the battle...Sounds like you got her figured out pretty well.....A lot of our boxers don't like the cold, mine don't seem to mind, it's the rain that we have an issue with  :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="1stboxer\";p=\"5526":2r8295u2]That white ear is one of the reasons we chose her :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts