Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barker is now sleeping with us at night!  She was doing fine in her crate, but when she became ill from a virus, I couldn't stand the thought of her in the other room not to mention going up and down steps.  

So we allowed her to sleep in our room, which then of course led to her sleeping at the foot of the bed.  Last night my husband and I giggled like school kids talking about what a joy it was having our Barker sleep with us.  She is truly a joy.  

BTW, Barker is reverse brindle, with a black mask.  She is 3 months and 5 days old.  I think I need to update my profile and add some pics, and a ticker as well.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I agree!! I love reverse brindles -- I look forward to seeing pics of your girl! ;)

G

·
0 Posts
I was adamant about my Jetta not sleeping in bed with us...but...while I was working third shift and my husband was not..I'd come home to hubby cuddling up with our little girl and the cat, lol!  Now, when my leg isn't injured (they squish me at night, don't want them hurting the leg) both sleep with me when hubby is not home (he works 3rd shift now)

·
Registered
942 Posts
I've tried over and over to not have our dogs sleep in our bed with us at night, but I just like having them (or at least Kaci, Milo's too big) in the bed with us at night. I prefer them to both be in the bed when the DH is out of town for business and you'd think they'd sleep on his side...ohhh no, they sleep on TOP of me when he's gone. :lol:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Its funny how a cute face can get a dog into any place!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Oh no!  The b/f and I are doing well at not having Tango in bed with us, although that face just kills me when he stands up and looks at us over the mattress!  I'm thinking this is all going to change once he learns to jump.  LOL ...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Duke's snoring rattles the walls.  I can't sleep with him in the same room.  Sometimes I can hear him through the wall as he snores in the living room!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Skye & Storm both sleep with me. no let me rephrase that they let me sleep with them they take up the whole bed!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel not sleeping in the bed was never an option. My husband didn't want him up there for space reasons, but he's hardly home,
so what I say goes!!

rawr

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: we bought a bigger bed b/c of our 2...we had a queen size....we bought a king water bed..and now its us (hubby is 6-3 and im 5-9) , both dogs who are both over 80 lbs, the 23 pound siamese cat...and both boys creep in when they wake up before school

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
with Savannah and Reese i was very adament that they didnt sleep with me in the bed or get on the couch, but then samson came along and he took over the couch and my bed and i just couldnt help but let him do it. My heart just melted each time he would do it and i couldnt ever make him stop....so now i will allow them to get on the bed or couch, but savannah and reese are so used to it not being allowed they wont do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts