Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got fed up with dog food issues with Brodi and have switched to raw! I am so proud cause I never thought I would see the day that I could actually do it. I went out and bought a few books and have started him on a bland raw diet with chicken backs and some veggies and it is going GREAT! He looked at me like I was nuts when I first put his food down but he devoured it once he got a taste. Then came back looking for more blowing drool bubbles from the sides of his mouth. He is already pooping normal! and only going 3 times a day compared to the 8 times he was going on dog food..WOOHOOO for raw diets!! cause I was seriously at my wits end with Brodi's bowel problems  :D

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Shari,that is great!! i am so happy for you and i am sure Brodie feels better too! yay!!! :D  :D  :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Congrats on the switch! You won't be sorry, I'm glad it sounds like he is already improving.
IS Chloe switching too?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Oh you will love it - not only for the drop in dukes but once you get the knack  - its fun and cheaper than plain old boring kibble!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
With having 4 dogs wish I knew where to start with raw if its cheaper...Where did you find books on feeding...Library?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! I am going to have to try it. My boxer will not eat pedigree and the other dog food cost more than our groceries.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we are switching Chloe over as well.  I wish I would of done this sooner but I really thought it was going to be complicated but it's not at all. The books have helped explain everything and made it really simple. I got my books at Barnes and Noble Leanne. The ones I ended up with are. Raw dog food: Make it work for you and your dog by Carina Beth MacDonald, Raw meaty bones promote health by Tom Lonsdale and the one Heather mentioned by Dr Billinghurst, Give your dog a bone but just seen from her link he has a few others I want now!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Shari that is awesome! Finally Brodi sounds like he is on the right track.... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So happy that you took the plunge, I am going to have to check around here to see if I can get good pricing.  My sister is good friends with the peopoe that own a butcher shop and I will talk to them.  Would love to see Kiah doing that well.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have to be honest I am thinking of going in the same direction, I am just a little worried because I work full time (when schools in)  my only question, can I prepare ahead of time and freeze it?  Is that possible?  That way I could be stocking up all summer when I am off and use it when I go back, does that make sense?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts