Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you remember a few weeks back right before Thanksgiving I was telling everyone about the thought of putting our old man down. He was a 14 year old collie, we just could not come to grips with the decision and said he would tell us when he needed to be set free... He was a pound dog who had a wonderful life for the 14 years we owned him....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm very sorry about your loss. I'm sure you've heard it before, but about all i can say is it will be better with time. Again, Juanita and I are very sorry for your loss--
Rich

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm so sorry. I know how you are feeling. I had to put down my 10 year old chinese shar-pei a little while back. It is such a hard thing to do. He lived a great, long life. I am sure he knew he did nothing wrong. They have a way of knowing whats going on. At least now he is at rest and is at peace.
My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for your loss, they are such a part of the family it is so difficult to see them leave.  Run free without pain sweet baby.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all for your support. It just seems that no words can make any of us feel better.... apparently my 2 cats went over and laid with him last night on his bed and would not leave his side...

Oh man I miss him!  :cry:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Run free sweet boy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My heart just dropped to the pit of my stomach reading that... Im so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys.... I just wanted to let you know since I live alone and am balling my eyes out im actually going to step out for a little bit and go over to a friends house.

Thanks again for your support, I just wanted to say I am not going to be around....

he is pain free now... and thats all I keep telling myself...

tucker is resting his head on my lap and pawing at me because he does not know what is wrong... i feel bad for him I dont want him to think he did anything wrong...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Sweetie i am so sorry. my heart goes to you and your family, but i am glad that it is recognized that he is better off now. run free sweet boy....he is free from pain and now is watching over you and your family everyday

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I am sooooo sorry! The pain is unbareable I'm sure. Everyone is different so I cannot say... I know exactly how you feel... that would be just wrong. I can say, I am here for you as I am sure others are to if you need SOMEONE to talk to. The wonderful thing is that he is better now. He wouldn't want you to be crushed by this, but be happy because now he is better! It's so hard to let go, I'm SO SOO SORRY. If you need anything at all I'm here!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tucker know you are not upset with him. He is trying to comfort you. I am so sorry for your loss. Loki, Joseph, and I are giving you big hugs.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh honey, I'm so sorry.  It's never easy.  It took me almost a year to get over losing Rocky even with Henry here.
We'll be praying for you.
Zhanna

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
So sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry. I remember you were talking about how ill he was at Thanksgiving...Doesn't matter that you are 2 states away, he was your best buddy for a very long time.....Sending some hugs out to you and Tucker is just confused, the empath part knows something is wrong, just not sure what....He will be fine, as will you....Your collie is ruinning pain free at the bridge and watching over you.....

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i am so sorry for the pain i know thats in your heart...you know it was time but our hearts never wanna let go...

im sure his life was wonderful and thats what counts..:) hope it gets a little easier with time..ive been there as well as many others here...

:D have a better day knowing hes pain free now

Attachments

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I've been away from the site for the last couple of days and am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I know there is nothing that I can say that will ease the pain right now - it's a process that we just have to go through in our own time - but I do know that one day the happy memories you two have shared will replace the sorry and pain you feel now.  My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Today I was much better, but I still cant get him off my mind...

Thanks again everyone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts