Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TY..helps she thinks the garden tub is her playpen..lol...Crazy water freak she is..I'm surprised she is shiney at all..helps to just give her the "pretend" bath..as long as I pour water on her..she thinks is a great time!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She is definately growing up, such a pretty girl.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
She's looking great and definitely growing into her ears :) How's that going by the way?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yea,how you doing in the ear department?I just did the full stack on Henry.The tip taping only wasn't working.She is looking great!!!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only the one ear ( see the bottom picture ) has any tipping going on. I got some advise from Willows friend Rhonda, which was backed up ( only because we both forgot to ask Rhonda HOW to tape it..lol ) by the Vet that did the crop. She has a backward tip that I guess is not as bad as forward, which would more than likely indicate the ear was too long of a crop, or the ear leather could not support the crop. We are suppose to fold the ear back away from the center of the head ( in otherwards..the way they would have been if I hadn't messed with mother nature  :? )
Interesting to keep in my mind also was.. she said its not uncommon for a slight tip to take up to the dogs first full year to acheve a straight stance. Poor baby has to keep the one ear posted all the time for the next 2 weeks, and then we peek again.. Oh well..I do not regret one minute of it .. (beside the fact she ate the one taping post )..As you can see she has a pretty large head already, so the crop just kinda makes her a bit more femanine looking. Its really interesting for me to point out too..the egde of the crop on her Sig picture is pink...now, the skin is black like her little mask..and the hair has grown in too!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ashley is just beautiful..... such a wise, regal face. I know it's not the look you wanted but the tip of her ear is kinda cute imo gives her kinda of a jaunty air :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh... I wish that DH would just kinda let it go..but he is the man that put out the bucks for the crop.. ( I loved her even when she looked like the Flying Nun! ) So we will keep at it till it stands I guess. Ty all for the compliments on my girl. I of course am biased about her, but there is just something about the way her eyes are..the little black that tips up around them that always makes her look like she is surprised. I didn't even know she would have such dark haws...dang....I just got lucky with her..I find no faults..I would LOVE to have her checked for how she meets the standards..but I have to tell myself..NEVER..ever will I breed her. Ashley has excellent lineage, but..I just can't do that again..I'm not showing anymore, and she is just my baby..my little best friend with fur..
You all are very kind about her..Ty again!

·
Registered
522 Posts
The" Flying Nun" description cracked me up!! :lol: I will also try to finish what I started with Henry's poor ears.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After all this time with taping..I'm curious..what is going on with Henry's ears?? PLease, please tell me that your doing better at 6 1/2 months then we are here.. :lol:

·
Registered
522 Posts
It sucks!!His one ear flops down and the other one over..he look like he is standing in the wind all the time.I just taped up thous suckers again!!!!Grrr

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was really surprised also when Ashleys perfect crop went south on us too..I am thanking my lucky stars its just one..and just 1 1/2" of the tip.
I will pass on what I was told...if they start the drooping..you must go back to a LONG length of taping again. ( like I said..I have to do 2 weeks before I supposedly will notice if we have accomplished anything..but your going to still do the tape chages..so don't leave the stinky tape on the whole two weeks..give Henry at least one if not two changes during this time. But no "real" down time..take the old stuff off..new goes on right away ).
IF you have a vet who is compitent..they should suggest you come in for an evaluation, and then they probabky will show you what to do, and do it once for you. ( Offered by my Vet, but this is the 5th Boxer I have worked with..so the verbal instructions are fine..as long as I know we may not see results for a few months ). I wouldn't hesitate to ask if you can bring your Henry in at once, because the eval will help the vet determine where your going from this point forward. As they told me.."DON'T give up!! its WAY too soon!! I was also told that on rare occasion they re-do the crop..but no way on Gods green earth would I put her through that again!! I will post her till my fingers fall off!!
Best of luck with Henry..and let me know how your doing!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts