Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Awww! Too cute!

I still don't know how someone can just give or sell thier dog.  I look at Tyson and could never imagine not having him.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
$800? and he is only 6 months old... I wonder why they would get him so close to having a baby if they weren't going to totally commit to him? So sad...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Same boat here with the small house thing. We have 4 kids and live on base in Hawaii where everthing is small- LOL. So we were really not sure if we had the space but took the leap anyway. I'm SO happy we did. They both look like beautiful little boys. Pictures always say to me "take me home, please". I'm such a sucker. :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crazylegs\";p=\"106452 said:
Same boat here with the small house thing. We have 4 kids and live on base in Hawaii where everthing is small- LOL. So we were really not sure if we had the space but took the leap anyway. I'm SO happy we did. They both look like beautiful little boys. Pictures always say to me "take me home, please". I'm such a sucker. :D
Yeah I know we would not regret getting another; we would be over the moon. We always said we'd wait till Sadie was one year, but that's not too far off...We will most likely sell our house in 6months and it's not that small, we have a big yard for playing which is nice.

I emailed both of the people who posted the ads for more info; we'll see what comes out of it! And Rob has been great!! He's the one who emailed me the links at work today!!! NO convincing needed there...haha

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
g00dgirl\";p=\"106448 said:
$800? and he is only 6 months old... I wonder why they would get him so close to having a baby if they weren't going to totally commit to him? So sad...
That was my first thought, too. Poor little man, so cute!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ollies_mom\";p=\"106456 said:
[quote="g00dgirl\";p=\"106448":3biqud33]$800? and he is only 6 months old... I wonder why they would get him so close to having a baby if they weren't going to totally commit to him? So sad...
That was my first thought, too. Poor little man, so cute!![/quote:3biqud33]

Obviously that's not the real reason...or maybe they are just stupid and didn't think it through before getting him; poor little man, makes me so sad...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Some how people who sell their dog due to change in situation for $800 and $600 really kill me.   IMO its best to go thru a rescue, or stretch your buget 200 bucks more and get a dog where you know the history of and health tested.    I know situations can change and if I ever had to rehome my dogs, I would not ask for a penny.  The price I paid, the money I have invested in them IMO is worth every dime for what they gave back to me!   Its like a kid, if you have to give your kid up for adoption, would you ask 800???  

I have no issues paying 200-300 to a rescue leage because they are a non-profit and they hardly ever recoup the cost it takes to get some of these pups back to good health.  They are cute, but their owners really need to get a clue!   If you are planning on having a baby and cannot handle both, or dont have the time - dont get a dog!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HannaBanana\";p=\"106458 said:
Some how people who sell their dog due to change in situation for $800 and $600 really kill me.   IMO its best to go thru a rescue, or stretch your buget 200 bucks more and get a dog where you know the history of and health tested.    I know situations can change and if I ever had to rehome my dogs, I would not ask for a penny.  The price I paid, the money I have invested in them IMO is worth every dime for what they gave back to me!   Its like a kid, if you have to give your kid up for adoption, would you ask 800???  

I have no issues paying 200-300 to a rescue leage because they are a non-profit and they hardly ever recoup the cost it takes to get some of these pups back to good health.  They are cute, but their owners really need to get a clue!   If you are planning on having a baby and cannot handle both, or dont have the time - dont get a dog!!!
I couldn't agree more on the price; it's absolutely ridiculous. That was one of my questions in my emails to them. We always planned on rescuing our next Boxer and in a way I think getting a dog from someone has put up for "sale" (I cringe at the thought) is sort of rescuing in itself. I will most certainly not pay 800$ for him, but I want to inquire anyway and see what happens. I would much rather get our next Boxer through a non profit shelter, but we've had trouble; there are NO Boxers and haven't been for more than a year. Where I am in Canada I've had trouble finding a specific Boxer Rescue. The closest is Nova Scotia but they only seem to have pit bulls...I know weird...

Anyway, we'll see what I find out...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have a breeder friend in So. Maine who has health tested pups - $900.00 pet only s/n, so that price of $800.00 for a 6 month old makes me  :roll:   I will keep an eye out for you rescue wise, and feel free to PM me if you want:)   :wink:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ugh --- what killed me when reading the ad they said........ "Raison why we wanna sell it is because we have a baby and realy have no time ......"

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yeah I agree with teewee! Referred to the pup as "IT" Makes me sad

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:eek:3 That is one precious baby!!! (I got side-tracked and started looking for boxers in MY area!!! YIKES!!!)  I say, YES!!!! He needs a home!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
the price struck me as ridiculous too, if they are "re-homing" then why is the "selling" price so high? just doesn't make sense, I for some reason doubt they paid that much to begin with.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I actually looked at those ads too! We are looking to rescue as well but I know your troubles of finding one. The boxer rescue for atlantic canada has actually folded due to lack of funding. I found a beautiful brindle girl in Moncton that they wanted to get rid of because it was hard finding a place for her to go when they went on vacation!! But they emailed me and told me they decided to keep her instead. I look at all the rescues and the boxers in need of love in the eastern US closest to our borders but I don't think they let adoptions go outside of their area let alone across the border.
I want to help and get a rescue but it's not easy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts