Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , I was wondering if any of you have had your boxer be the same weight and size for a certain length of time. My boxer will be 8 months a couple of days but seems to be the same size now for about two months and is stuck at 51 pds since he was about 6 1/2 months. Here is a current photo of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
He looks ok to me, when I had mine if I remember correct he also slowed down and stayed around 53 lbs then suddenly at his next annual he was 61 lbs. He ended up at 74 lbs. He has just probably slowed his growth and will pick up again. I am assuming he is eating and pooping fine. Mine ate 3 1/2 to 4 ups of kibble per day. His poo was firm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He looks ok to me, when I had mine if I remember correct he also slowed down and stayed around 53 lbs then suddenly at his next annual he was 61 lbs. He ended up at 74 lbs. He has just probably slowed his growth and will pick up again. I am assuming he is eating and pooping fine. Mine ate 3 1/2 to 4 ups of kibble per day. His poo was firm.
He eats about 4-5 cups a day 3 x a day. My son calls him a super pooper 🤦🏻‍♀️ Cause he poops every single time .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He looks pretty good to me. How big was his father? They will grow sometimes in spurts up until they are two so he has a ways to go!
His father was 75-80 pds and mother was 55-60. He grew slow at the beginning he only weighed 6 1/2 pds at 8 weeks and then grew quick at 4-6 months and slowed down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My boxer is the same! 8 months old and around 52 lbs. my pup had larger parents with dad at 90 lbs and mom around 70 pounds. But we got the runt of the litter so he may be in smaller side. Our vet said Boxers can go through various growth spurts up to 2 years of age so their weight can fluctuate and they can be small for a while. As long as their behavior is normal and they’re eating/pooping normally, they’re good

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My boxer is the same! 8 months old and around 52 lbs. my pup had larger parents with dad at 90 lbs and mom around 70 pounds. But we got the runt of the litter so he may be in smaller side. Our vet said Boxers can go through various growth spurts up to 2 years of age so their weight can fluctuate and they can be small for a while. As long as their behavior is normal and they’re eating/pooping normally, they’re good
Thanks, I am glad that its pretty normal for the boxer or maybe other dogs as well to go through growth spurts. My dogs parents were a good size. one thing my boxer was born a couple of days early so the vet said that he is gonna play catch up.
He plays, poop and eat a whole lot too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your dog looks fine, don't worry! I know how worried we can all that when it comes to our pets. When my labrador wasn't getting enough weight, I was desperate to feed him all the time. There wasn't enough information that would confirm the fact that my dog was fine. I started reading all kinds of international forums, and after a while, I read that my labrador was OK. Thank God I used the kg to lbs converter; if I didn't, I would still believe that my dog was not OK. Make sure you understand the sources that you read!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts