Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot but was curious if anyone could offer up some advice!? I have a female Boxmas named Sydni. She is between 6-7 months old. She weighs about 45lbs. I was just curious on how big she will be as an adult. Her dad was boxer (95lbs) Mom was English mastiff (155lbs). She definitely took after her dad! Thanks for any opinions!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
LOL ...your comparing a "female" Boxer's weight to a Boxer/English Mastiff cross??? :)

That is "hysterical! No one can answer that question here??? As it is not has been done??? You have a "BYB" puppy ... not "necessarily a bad thing in my view. But one of the mayor points of all "Pure Breeds" is "predictability. :)

The "Breeds" are "established" an although individual "dog" my vary ... but you have a realistic idea of what to expect in regards to size and temperament, with a "PB." :)

If these people yuo got the puppy from were "serious??" You would not need to ask this question as they would have generations of dogs to show.

That said ... "No Disrespect" intend! I think I'm safe in saying we welcome "Boxer Crosses" here??? But by and large they tend to be "APBT" or "Lab" crosses for the most part?? But an "English Mastiff" ... wow???

That said I'll say "Welcome aboard" and "Pictures Please!!!"

So ... down to business ... you'll have to understand the "Breed Characteristic" of both breeds?? The "Good News" is by and large "no" Dog Aggression issues with either breed there for the most part. I have heard some pretty "disturbing" things as regards "Male English Mastiff's" seems to be pretty constant? But you have a female ... so never mind. :)

As for how big ... don't know .... as a "Breed" Boxer females aside from the "Euro's" ... they tend to be freakishly "small in comparison to the "Male Boxers??" The number in my head is "females" "30" percent smaller for the females. That's based on "American Boxers" ... 65 lbs "solid muscle" but small next next to a "Boxer" male, 70n to 80 on average. Euro Boxer Females ... I have seen 90 lbers!! FaceBook and I know because because I asked. :)

So you ... add an "English Mastiff" as a parent there and ... no idea on size?? I would "except" something in the 75 + range if I had to guest, for a female??

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oh, Chip! Sometimes, your delivery does come across as a bit "prick-ish". Sydni seems like a lovely dog. Because we all have varying experiences with primarily Boxers here, we can offer thoughts on what we know with our own dogs. American, Euro, male, female. I guess you can take averages from both breeds for an estimate on weight for Sydni. I'm going to generalize and say she's gonna be big! LOL!! Love her up and enjoy watching her grow!

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Expect a good 75lbs...easily reached,Layla is at about 72lbs right now and she doesnt seem that big to me (well,after Valant,all boxers seems small and runty...lol)

We can gauge possible estimated (note the language) weight by size of paws usually,but that goes out the window with Marshall as he has big paws but man is he lanky

Bottom line,hard to say

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
She is a pretty girl. Its so hard to guess at weight. she has a lot of growing and filling out to do. I think my guy gained another 10 lbs from when he was a year to two years as he filled out. He is about 73 lbs which is a good weight for him any more and I'd have to put him on a diet. LOL

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
she is a cutie pie, not sure how big she will be but I would suggest to be 'prepared'. Keep us posted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I was just hoping for 60lbs! Haha! But we love her no matter how big or little she is, like I said best dog I've ever owned! Also, no worries, pricks have opinions too!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I was just hoping for 60lbs! Haha! But we love her no matter how big or little she is, like I said best dog I've ever owned! Also, no worries, pricks have opinions too!
Yes ... yes they do. Seeing pictures now ... I'd say she is going to be taller that a typical Boxer male (the larger of the two sexes) and most likely at least in the 70 lbs range?? Maybe more but it will take two to three years for her to fully mature.

But very "Boxerish" in build I would not be surprised if she ends up being much heavier than she looks. Welcome aboard. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts