Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know we have had a discussion before on weight, but i need some help here. We took Reese to the vet on Friday (possible kc, but the vet said no just a slight infection) and brought Savannah with us. We always take both, never just one. So anyway-the vet looked at Reese and then asked to look at Savannah. She told me that Savannah was underweight and needed to get that weight back on her. I knew she was not where she needed to be but we just cant seem to get any weight on her. the vet wants us to add one can of canned food in the morning and one at night. I dont want to get them addicted to can, and would rather not feed it to them but if i have to i will. If anyone has any suggestions other than the yogurt or chicken and rice. We have tried this and at first was doing ok, but not any longer. thanks!! :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
How about a kong with pb and kibble every day?  We did this to help put weight on Scout.  We also used 1/2 can of wet (5.5 oz can) only at night.  We still do this even though he is now at a good weight.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Savannah is scared of the kong  :lol: if you give it to her she looks at it like it is a foreign object and runs!! i may just have to buy canned food.

·
Registered
948 Posts
A peanut butter sandwich between each meal...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts