Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was just getting hugs from Emmett and noticed a weird bump on his chin. It looks like skin but not sure. I will talk to his vet soon but it definitely is attached and then hangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Emmett has puppy warts. I cannot wait for them to go away. There is a smaller one by this one. I have been using thuja oil for about five days. I just picked up the papilloma support kit from Nzymes. If anyone has any other advice, please share. He is miserable being quarantined from other dogs.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
For as many dogs I've had in my lifetime, this was new to me. It appears from what I've read its simply a contagious (dog-dog) virus and unless infected requires no treatment. Being a young boy his immune system (so it says) is not fully developed and made him more susceptible. So one of his play buddies probably infected him. For me though it doesn't say I'd be sure to be sterilizing his bowls and toys each day. Meanwhile I guess it is just a wait game for them to go away. Poor Emmett I hope he is better soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was just getting hugs from Emmett and noticed a weird bump on his chin. It looks like skin but not sure. I will talk to his vet soon but it definitely is attached and then hangs.

Hi Lisark2017! I saw your post and it looks like a skin tag. Surprisingly, skin tags are quite common not only for humans, but for dogs as well. My dog Bella used to have a few near her mouth and some on her paws. Every time we visited a vet it was so stressful for both of them - the vet and Bella. Once she almost destroyed the whole clinic and the vet was just trying to give her some shots and some creams to remove it. I started to search for some home remedies online for dogs, to avoid vets as much as possible. I found some useful tips on skintagsoff.com . and now I regret all those spent money on vets, I should have done it from the beginning and it would be less stressful for my Bella.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts