Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently adopted a boxer female from the local humane society.  Being a ex-vet tech, i know they come with issues.  She is crated during the day in one of those heavy duty airline type crates( that she HATES!!!)  She has recently developed these wierd hard bumps on her head.  not very big, white in color, and nothing comes out of them...yes, i tried to squeeze them :) they dont seem to bother her, but i dont want them to get out of control.  any ideas of what it could be??  they are not anywhere else on her body, just on the top of her head.  i know she panics when she is in the crate and drools alot, but eventually settles down.  so if it was an allergy to the plastic it would be other places too, right??

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
first of all welcome to the forum and congrats to you on adopting a boxer.
I'm not sure what they could be...perhaps cysts?
Sharon is our resident medical advice woman (haha) she might know a little better.
enjoy your new fur-baby...be sure to post some pictures of your new addition!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It could be anxiety induced hives...Try some hydrocortisone cream on them and see if they go away.  SHe could be rubbing her head in the kennel as well....This is kind of an odd one...can you post a pic of it?

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sumya used to get those same kind of bumps it turned out it was an allergy.can you post a pic?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to post some  pics of the bumps and of our crazy girl....
ok, i give....how do i post pics that are bigger than 256 KB???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts