Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Female boxer Sofia, 1 1/2 years old. Great dog and has settled in well. We have her food and water side by side in a feeding tray but every once in a while when I feed her (generally the same food every day, wet/dry mix with some cooked hamburger and chicken), she will push food around in the bowl with her nose and reach into the water bowl and push water on the food with her nose. She doesn't do it often but I just find it strange. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Sounds like she may be a little nauseated sometimes when they get upset stomach they will try to “cover” thier food with whatever is near by I’m guessing she’s doing this because her water is the only thing close enough to do that with. You said you use hamburger is it the leanest type? I use ground turkey 93%lean and ground chicken switching them off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for your quick response, it's the hamburger meat I use in my restaurant so probably not the leanest. I also give her cut-up cooked chicken. Most days she gobbles her food right up and on very infrequent occasions she pushes the water on her food. She did it yesterday, so I eliminated the chicken and burger, just gave her 1/2 can of Blue brand wet chicken and Blue dry and she ate it. Weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts