Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tyson's ears I have decided are going to stay floppy! I like it that way. BUT.....lets see how to describe this....ok here goes. when boxer babies ears hang down facing the front the front of the ear is flat. (i noticed this when I looked at Odin's baby pic) one of Tyson's ears doesnt do that. Its all wrinkley. lol its hard to explain. Do you think that its going to be a permanant thing, or just a lieele temporary crease?? anything I can do to fix it?? I mean I really dont care, but the neighbor yesterday was like "whats wrong with his ear" I diddnt know what he was talking about until i was reading a post and saw both of Odins ears. (Thanks for being such a pretty example Mr. Odin!) Anyway, any suggetsions? I love him the same either way, but I dont want ppl to think hes a bad seed lol.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can you get a closer picture of his ear so we can see it?  Could it just be the brindling or is it on the inside too?   How about massaging it?  I don't know much in that department since ours are cropped.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie had a little crease at the bottom of one of her ears when she was little... and she doesnt have it anymore...  

It was right along the edge of her ear towards the tip... i will try and find a picture of it, to see if its similar to what tyson is experiencing!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hmmm... I'm confused. The only weird thing with Odin's ears that I noticed was one was a "flying nun" and one was floppy. Not sure what you are saying when you say crease... I know what a crease is... but on an ear? Yeah I pic would be great... or tell me which pic of mine you saw?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hmmm..hard to tell without a pic. I do know that while the pups are teething their ears go a little wonky. For lack of a better word.  :p

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah Diesel's ears are creased in the back. causing them to not fold in front of his face the way I see most pups ears do. But I do remember with my chihuahua, her ears were straight up in the air, until she started teething, then they folded down for a while, but went back up again.

So perhaps it's just a temporary thing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol....now why couldn't I describe it as easily as you did Diesel's mom? Maybe it is just temporary, but I love pictures, so Ill post some tonight anyway. Hes already twice the size now as he was a week and a half ago....getting to be a big boy!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DieselsMom\";p=\"7913 said:
but yeah, Diesel's ears are always back like in this picture.
omg ya, but Tyson's does that even when his ear isnt perked back, like and stuff, and like. lol. Seriously, one ear is fine, the other is always like diesels. good example, thanks!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... isn't it called the "flying nun" look? I thought Odin's ears were perfect floppy and then I started to notice one sat differently. But then we cropped them so I don't know what it would look like now. I'm sure it will go away. If not... that's normal... I've seen pics of boxers with two different style ears... or just floppy or just "flying nun" look.

The picture that Dieselsmom uses in her sig is a really good shot of "flying nun" ears. Don't think I'm putting him down either cuz I think it's SUPER CUTE!! HE'S SUCH A CUTIE!!

HAHAH I HAD TO POST THESE PICS!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Odin's ears kept getting stuck "backwards", and I'd always have to flop them back forward... not sure why that bothered me, but I always hated seeing his ears "backwards"... obviously we don't have that problem now, I just can't wait for them to stand up straight...

But as for the original question... dunno...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol dont worry, I'm not bothered by it, otherwise I wouldn't have offered him as an example.

I love his little ears, but I'm still hoping they'll flop forward. I was actually going to ask about how to GET them to flop forward =P I can see the crease in the back that's causing them to sit the way they are. and when I unfold it they sit perfectly in front of his face.  I'd like to keep it that way. lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OdinsDad\";p=\"7919 said:
Odin's ears kept getting stuck "backwards", and I'd always have to flop them back forward... not sure why that bothered me, but I always hated seeing his ears "backwards"... obviously we don't have that problem now, I just can't wait for them to stand up straight...

But as for the original question... dunno...
done that with all the dogs. It bothers me when their ears get stuck backwards too!!! your not alone dad!!!

I guess it is just a stage....Not going to worry about it anymore, if the neighbor doesnt like him, thats his problem lol. Hes still my baby with or without a funky ear!! just gives him more character.

Mastray, what a funny pic!!! How cute.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol once you mentioned the backwards ear, I had the perfect example. My daughter decided to put Diesel up on my computer chair to take a pic of him with her own camera.

His look says it all.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Angel's breeder, Rhonda said that you can tape their ears to get that perfect flop..Now of course I really wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to her at the time, (sorry guys), but she did kinda describe how it's done to Marq...I was too busy playing with puppies.. :oops:

Here's a picture of Buck and I always thought his ears fell just right...                                                                              

1 - 20 of 32 Posts