Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our new baby Brutus is 10 weeks tomorrow and he is just the best! He's so smart, sweet, adorable, good pottier, great in his crate and just perfect! We got him from an awesome breeder who cares for her babies and is 100% healthy. We lost our last boxer to myopathy at 17 months old, so health is our number one concern. Brutus has filled the void we had in our hearts and we couldn't happier. So, welcome Brutus! ❤😊

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats on Brutus, I too lost two dogs to myopathy and its not a fun thing to go thru. I too went looking for health tested dogs and found some so I am hoping to avoid any more tragedies Good luck with him he is a cute boy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't handle losing another dog that way. It's truly heartbreaking. And being away while it happened made it worse. I am sorry you lost 2 babies that way. I am so over-protective of the new baby and worry about every little thing. I just want him to live a long healthy life with us.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I know what you mean about being over protective I feel like if I could bubble wrap my dogs now I would! I am trying to calm down about it. I almost panicked when my new boy was coughing when he was little but it turned out to be a soft pallet issue and it was nothing to worry much about and it stopped once his face grew and changed but you can imagine how frightened I was with this! Wow you lost your dog at 17mos. that is really rough, at least I had my girl 7 years and my boy 3 years. I was extremely careful when I went looking for another boxer I wanted to make sure they came from health tested parents this is no guarantee but its less likely you will have it happen. Also I would like to mention you should look up all the new warnings from the FDA and cardiologists about grain free dog food. I feel I would be remiss if I didn't encourage people to view this information so they can make an informed decision about their dogs food I wish I knew about this when I was choosing their foods. I feel like now if there is any chance of risk to my babies I think about it very carefully. Good luck with your new baby!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts