Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to post a couple photos of the new family member! That old saying? "Good things come to those who wait" well it is certainly true for us! It has been such a long road to get to this point for lots of different reasons but the big day finally came! She has been here 2 nights now and things have gone amazingly well (zero crying and whining) already trained to use the potty-pad with only a couple mis-fires on the hard wood so far. She is a total snuggle bug and a real lover 馃挆 (judging by the way she drinks I don't think she will slop water over the entire laundry room floor like Diesel always did lol) Our friends and neighbors have all come over to say hi, it's been so fun and so healing for me personally. Thank you to everyone here who has helped me through this journey from the pits of despair to where we are today, it is an amazing feeling and worth every penny!
Take Care,
Rick

IMG_0786.jpg
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_1003.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Everyone! Now, can someone get me and especially my wife, some coffee!! :giggle: One bad thing about our place is that in the back yard it's a full flight of stairs from the deck to the lawn (she's no-where near ready for those) Front yard is much better (at ground level) but we don't have a fence so that's a no-go the till all the puppy vaccines have been completed. Oh well, it's all 100% worth it! One of my other favorite sayings "You can sleep when you're dead" lol

Take care,
Rick

Registered
A good potty training tip is if you do get her to out to poop in the yard don't pick it up leave it and several others right where she left them and take her right back there when you go out again the yard will get a little messy for a bit and she may step in it but its worth it they learn pretty quickly that's their potty spot. This stage doesn't last that long so just hang in there!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have gotten her to poop outside probably 6 times now and 4 of the 6 have been in the same corner of the yard even with me picking them up (maybe I will leave one or two now. The exact corner Diesel used to always poop in too :giggle:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! She rang the bells at the back door, not bad for 8 weeks old today. Wakes up in the night and finds her potty pad and goes back to sleep in her crate. She seems super smart which for me is probably a bad thing lol. Enjoying the back yard for the first time in a couple years! Matt, I should have just listened to you (and others) the very first time I posted here (1 1/2 years ago) and started that process of finding another boxer family member to love, it was what we ALL needed all along.... Still learning :giggle:
Thanks Again

Registered
I think it all worked out for the best for you, you needed more time to get over what happened and Charlie was still down the road from being born so it was as it should be. She is doing very well for as young as she is. I have never used the potty pad method because I was always worried that would be an ok to go in the house but if its working for you go for it! I have had some train really easily then some of them have been OMG! worthy. But we get thru it! I am so glad you and your family are enjoying Charlie though and your right that's what your house has been missing all this time! It just doesn't feel like home without a Boxer in it for me! Keep up the good work!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts