Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Welcome Jax

675 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Luvmiboxers@6 
#1 ·
Hello

I wanted to introduce you all to Jax. He’s 8 weeks old. We had to get him a week early cause of the corona virus. He’s been great so far just not liking the crate when we go to sleep. Any suggestions would be great. He does love to sleep in it during the day but when it’s night time and we close the door he isn’t a huge fan.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Welcome aboard, and welcome Jax! So cute!

Crate training doesn't work for everyone, or every dog. It is definitely helpful for when you want to house train. But if you read my own thread about our boy Rocket, you'll see it isn't a solution by itself. Our old boy Max, he hated crates and never did well. He even broke a crate (crazy!) to get out, just never liked them. Crates can be good, but they aren't the end all be all.

Good luck and enjoy your boxer!

#5 ·
Cute little boy Jax! I have used a crate only when I am not home then I would put my guys in but they have always slept at night with me so I have never tried to make them sleep alone. They are babies and don't understand being alone they have slept with their siblings up until now and so they are frightened being alone all of a sudden. They aren't much different than human babies they need cuddling reassurance and encouragement to do the right thing. They do make a puppy snuggle friend I have seen one at PetSmart I think that you put warm water in them for the puppy to snuggle up to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.