Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Say, "hello!" to Jäger everybody!

He handled the three hour road trip home like a champ and gave his Grandma lots of snuggles.

We made it through night #1 In the crate with some "good" sleep. Had a couple of potty wake-ups... but got him right outside and have only had one accident in the house so far today.

I give him only a couple of months before he no longer fits in there... and maybe a year or two before he stops trying to fit in there.

He was playing "peek-a-boo" with my parents dog there. If you watch TBBT, Jäger was doing his best "Sheldon yelling 'Bazinga' in the ball pit" impersonation.

Anyway, he just wanted to say, "Hi!" to everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enjoying the setting sun a couple days ago.

"Let me see yer warface!!"

Less than 2 mins later.....

Dreaming of him momma.... he was suckling in his sleep.

"I am adorable, right daddy?!"

"I thought you said today was the first day of spring?"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So... a quick little update on these first three weeks with my new buddy, Jäger.

I had a couple of unscheduled visits to the vet. First was a super wheezy cough that he developed in the first week home. Some oral antibiotics took care of that.

Then, this last week, he developed an inflamed left eye with some excessive eye boogers and crustyness. Now he is on some eye drops... steroid and antibiotic blend.

Neither effected his appetite or mood. But the cough definitely had me more worried. It was the days before I heard his awesome little barking voice. Once I did, it was a giant sigh of relief.

Anyway, he's up to 15lbs as of this past Saturday morning. I swear he grows every time he comes out of his crate from a nap.

Some recent photos...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sounds like a rough start, but he's doing well. Thanks for sharing more photos too!
You are right, they grow so very fast. It's good you are getting a lot of pics as he grows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh my, he is quite the looker! :)
Yes he is.

On another note, the eye drops the vet prescribed seem to be knocking that infection out pretty good. Hopefully, the next visit will be the scheduled one for his next vaccine booster.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts