Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....the rude, ignorant people of the world that is!  

Sorry, have to vent for a minute.

I took Lola for a walk yesterday morning.  As I'm walking past a house in my neighborhood Lola starts pulling and jumping around.  There was a family sitting on their steps outside and she wanted to go greet them.  I said "No Lola, heel" and kept walking.  Then the mother said "Hi, how are you". So I stop, think they're friendly and that they want to see Lola.  I say hi back.  Then she says, "that's a pretty scary vicious looking dog you have there".  Annoyed I said, "She's not vicious or scary, she's a boxer and they're very friendly" and I walked away.

How rude was that!?!

What if I said "Hi, how are you, wow that's a pretty ugly kid you have there"!?!?

Some people :roll:  that was my first encounter and I'm sure it won't be my last!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
haha that would of been hilarious if you had said that!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well i'm going to tell you the world is full of rude ignorant people. I walk my boy Donner in town quite regularly and have all kinds of comments made some nice more rude. Donner is a 70lb boy who is brindle with droopy eyes. What is the matter with his eyes and does he bite are the 2 big ones i get hit up with. People are just stupid when it comes to the Boxer Dog.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think that people who do not care for their dogs properly end up in the media is the problem then we all are lumped into this one big frenzy.....ignorance of the dog and breed.  I would so walk past that house every walk with Lola showing of her intelligence  :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have that same problem people think that my dog is a pit bull from far away...and are always like is she a friendly dog, or if we see her running loose do we need to go in our house??  I say...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN HER RUNNING LOOSE????  Uhm no because if we are walking she is leashed or in the fenced back yard, that is to say if she isnt in the house since she pretty much just goes out to potty or to play for a little bit...

The nerve of people...Boxers are not mean dogs and I just want to hit them in the head like that V-8 commercial when he doesnt eat his vegetables.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
you should have told her that lol. people always tell me things about maverick and i ignore them but mostly they say things like you spoil your dog too much etc...it annoys me too but some people just dont have any manners. Next time let lola loose on them to lick them to death haha.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Some people just don't think before they speak.  I haven't had any rude comments but have had several people walk to the other side of the street or look at her like she was big foot or something.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
well there seems to be plenty people like that out in the wrold.....it was rude to say and the kid comment might have been funny :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I get asked if Beaux is a pit bull a lot.
I get asked if he bites even more.

...the one that gets me is when people look at him, and he goes running towards them with his tail wagging, and they run like he's going to tear their ankles off (even though he's on a leash).

People are stupid for the most part. I usually tell them, "He's nice, just don't get your face close to his mouth".... And when they back off a lot, I say "He might kiss you to death".

...Makes them feel stupid for assuming he is mean.

The meanest dog I ever had was a chihuahua-  it's amazing people don't run from those.  :roll:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Im with Beaux momma!!! The meanest most vicious dogs Ive seen are those lil suckers and pl dont run from them!! By the way that comment about getting to close to his mouth is hilarious!!!! Ill have to try that

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haaaaaaaaaaaaa i would have HAD to say the kid comment !! hahahahaha

we have too many ignorant people around here that swear Isis is the meanest looking dog they have EVER seen, in their words !

OMG r u serious? funny thing is if im walking her she could careless about other people..she doesnt even pay them any mind..how are you horrified of a dog ignnoring you?

PEOPLE NEED MORE HOBBIES THESE DAYS !!! IM TELLIN YOU !!! THE TIME THEY SPEND ON MENIAL BULL SH*T..COULD BE SPENT ON REAL THINGS...GOOD LORD PEOPLE WE ARE STILL AT WAR!!! OUR HUSBANDS,WIVES,SONS & DAUGHTERS ARE STILL OV ER THERE FIGHTING FOR OUR RIGHT TO SIT AROUND AND YAP ABOUT THE DOG THAT "LOOKS" MEAN...

HOW ABOUT ..HEY WHAT A PRETTY DOG..OR EVEN DIFFERENT LOOKING..WHAT HAPPEND TO IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DONT SAY ANYTHING?

...we cant control how others behave or speak...but we CAN influence it more than you know...showing one person that our babies arent mean or scarey might push that same person to tell 2 more and them to tell 4 more...never know :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"76039 said:
...we cant control how others behave or speak...but we CAN influence it more than you know...showing one person that our babies arent mean or scarey might push that same person to tell 2 more and them to tell 4 more...never know :D
Amen to that Ky  :) We can try to educate as much as possible, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't..I can tell within 2 minutes if anything I am saying is actually getting thru or not. If it isn't I shut up and go on my way

·
Registered
942 Posts
I don't think that comment was needed by any means. Maybe she was trying to say it in a sarcastic way...maybe?

I have a gripe from the other side...people come up to Milo all the time and just start petting him. The problem is that Milo is very overprotective of me and he can sometimes be a little overbearing. I think people need to ask if it's okay before they just hunker down and start petting an animal or putting their face in an animals face...they're just asking for trouble. (I will say that Milo has never hurt anyone in any way, he's just very muscular and protective of his people)

We have had the cops called on Milo twice because people thought he was a pit (they are illegal in most of the metro I live in)...both times the cops got out of the car and pretty much said, that's not a pit bull...have a good day, and went on their way.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wow, stupid people! 8O

The comment I get most is "does he bite".  No idiot!  If he did I wouldn't take him out in public!

Moron!  (pronounced moe-ron :wink:  :lol: )

G

·
0 Posts
I don't live in a neighborhood, so when I have Binga outside there is no one there to comment.  Our neighbor has pit mixes, so they will never say anything about Binga.  Their female wanders over to us sometimes because they don't take care of her.  We were weary of her at first, but she is so sweet.  She just wants to be loved.

Sorry... got on a bunny trail.  

ALL THAT to say that I have taken Binga to the pet store several times and people always ooh and aah over here.  BUT she was still a smaller puppy.  I haven't taken her in a while.  

I would have to agree that there are some dummies out there.  Just because the dog is big doesn't mean its mean.  Boxers would slime you to death.  Or squish you trying to get in your lap    :roll:

In my experiences, the little dogs are usually the mean ones.  My dauchshund that is with my mom now was a little yapper.  She would growl and fur would stand up.  You couldn't be scared of her though..  She was only a few inches off the ground.  Haha!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think boxers are by far the prettiest dogs EVER!!! lol..........And they are soooooooooooooooo sweet...I totally agree with the mean little dogs...we had a weanie dog after my great grandmother passed away when I was younger and it was the meanest little weanie dog EVER!!!!!!!!!  People are dumb and need to learn different breeds of dogs....and they would realize that our boxers will lick you to death before they bite you!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww sorry you had this happen Alicia...people are just ignorant and stupid. Where has being polite gone out the window...think what you want about Boxer's, but to say it to an owner is just rude. You should have asked if she thinks tail wagging and licking are vicious behaviors! What a b$%ch!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It can be difficult...when I first got my boys I was always on guard for that...but, we haven't had as much trouble as I thought...in fact, I have been blessed to mostly hear people tell me "I grew up with a boxer" or "My Mom had a boxer"...my SIL has had trouble with a neighbor kid teasing her dogs through the fence and getting them barking...but, I think the worst I had heard was when "Baby" got kicked...(some of you may not have been here yet) it wasn't cool at all...I definitely feel it is OUR job to protect our BABIES from the outside world and their assumptions!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts