Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
A lot of my friends here knew we were finally getting another pup but we had some set backs last time and I didn't want to jinx anything with an early announcement, yesterday we finally got to go up to our Breeders place and pick out our euro "Charlie" A Fawn Girl! (3 1/2 weeks today) Take home May 15

There were several things I did not want with this new puppy....
Did not want a Girl.
Did now want a Fawn. (Diesel was a fawn)
Guess what, she loved us from the start (We had no choice)! She's even got a small white cross on her chest (from Diesel) The Mom (Athena) is the biggest sweetheart momma boxer you could ever meet. We got to spend a couple hours with the family and meet momma and some of the other dogs too. If you could pick a "Dream Breeder" this would be the one. Extremely clean, amazing set up outside and inside, full time love inside care for the puppies and extremely, extremely, health conscious . I was so impressed with everything....
We even made plans for puppy number 2 (tentative) (I know I was a one dog person too...)
May happen sooner rather than later :)
Anyway,
It was the best day that there has been in a very long time! Thanks to everyone for a shoulder to lean on, I have been trying to pass it forward.
Cheers to 2021!

Charlie loving zack.jpg
Charlie taking charge.jpg

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So glad you found your dog! Or she found you! And there is nothing wrong with having two dogs! Just makes sure you get the first one trained first! I am so happy for you and your family things have a way of working out. Now you have some thing to look forward to! Congratulations!

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
LOL, it's a girl??!! Well congratulation's and how did that happen? Of course I was pulling for the girl but last I knew a boy seemed more likely?? But you said "she picked you." What happened and yep having a great "Momma," ok seems to equate to great puppies! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awe, thanks everyone! It was a whole lot easier (and happier) than I thought it was going to be! It's really worked out awesome, we now have a great resource who shares our love for our kiddo's and she is less than 3 hours drive from us. We are going to put another deposit down on a brother for Charlie and when the time is right for all of us, we just need to let her know (no muss no fuss no exhaustive searching). Thanks again, virtual cigars for everyone :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Awe, thanks everyone! It was a whole lot easier (and happier) than I thought it was going to be! It's really worked out awesome, we now have a great resource who shares our love for our kiddo's and she is less than 3 hours drive from us. We are going to put another deposit down on a brother for Charlie and when the time is right for all of us, we just need to let her know (no muss no fuss no exhaustive searching). Thanks again, virtual cigars for everyone :)
I know this journey has been a hard one but when you get your little girl home you will fall in love for sure no she is not Diesel but she will be her own self and you will love her just as much I am sure! Girls tend to be a little more cuddly than the boys if not more hard headed so its a trade off! But they are all wonderful

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know this journey has been a hard one but when you get your little girl home you will fall in love for sure no she is not Diesel but she will be her own self and you will love her just as much I am sure! Girls tend to be a little more cuddly than the boys if not more hard headed so its a trade off! But they are all wonderful
Well that is true of most all "Girls" right? :) Thank you for the well wishes, we can't wait! We took a blanket up there to leave with the breeder so she will have a familiar scent when she get's home. Seems all the brothers and sisters love it too....

Charlie and the gang.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking pups. Now you can get busy at home "puppy proofing" the house and getting all her toys and stuff together. It sure will be a happy day for you.
Oh crap... I forgot about the puppy proofing. Shouldn't be too bad, we didn't replace the hardwood or the expensive front door that Diesel trashed so we are good there. Actually, all this delay bought us enough time to take one last warm water vacation with no puppy to worry about! Direct flights from Portland to Maui 🌴🌴were such a steal a couple months ago, we couldn't pass it up- then let the puppy days officially begin!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Oh crap... I forgot about the puppy proofing. Shouldn't be too bad, we didn't replace the hardwood or the expensive front door that Diesel trashed so we are good there. Actually, all this delay bought us enough time to take one last warm water vacation with no puppy to worry about! Direct flights from Portland to Maui 🌴🌴were such a steal a couple months ago, we couldn't pass it up- then let the puppy days officially begin!!
Yep better take that vacation now! When I puppy proof I go around and make sure there are no electric cords available for chewing put in higher places anything breakable like glass that could cut the puppy if it falls anything they may chew and get sick on or hurt on. Its probably a good thing you didn't replace the floor yet!!! Have fun on your trip!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts