Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And fell head over heels for a pit puppy! Hes sooo cute and by far the most loving pit Ive ever seen! Hes 4 months old. And hes red(a very pretty red)

Heres his story(the woman I talked to was really nice)
She said he was seized from suspision of dogfighting on a property in Poughkeepsie NY! They think he was being trained for fighting. She showed me pics of him when they first got him and he must have been pumped up on soo many freagin steriods! ABSOLUTELY huge! He looks soo much better now!

Well I went and filled out and app and asked to take him outside. She told me he came in with another pit she was blue and white. I wanted to talke her out too but got caught up on this little guy! We were outside for like 30 minutes.

Here are pics of him!

ANd my absolute fav!

I cried like a baby when I brought him back inside and handed him back over. I knew it would happen. I get all upset when I go there and see them all there but never could take one out for this simple reason.

I handed his leash back to the woman and started walking towards the door. I looked back ad he was like staring at me whining :cry:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a few other apps in for him but she said they have to be approved first too. She said to call back in a few days but she said it could take up to a week for them to get to the apps. Im taking the bf hopefully tomorrow to meet him!

Did I mention I miss the lil bugger?? lol

·
Registered
882 Posts
he sure is cute!.....I like his color....I would have had a hard time handing him back over to and leaving without him.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
aww he looks red nose / choc fawn cross ..LOVE the eyes !!! can see his scars..id bet he was used as bait not trained to fight YET...so sad but thats how they do it..use them as bait..if they survive that proves to the morons that they have the heart to be trained to fight..sickning !!!

hes sure handsome !!!

new baby coming and a new pup...wow youll have your hands full lol ...you go girl

G

·
0 Posts
what a cutie! love those eyes!  good for you!

you're lucky you could take him for a walk.  our pound doesn't let them out of the cages at all for a greet with potential adopters  :x

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
omg lol in the 2nd to last pic is he whoofin? looks like it...thats too cute hell be beautiful !

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww what a cutie. He must have just loved the half hour with you...I can only imagine how hard it was to leave him, bet you wanted to smuggle him out of there! Dog fighting...words can not describe how I feel about it. Thankfully Skully was rescued from that life.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Awww what a cutie! I can see how you would of fallen for him! Got my fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heading back to the spca today with the bf to see what he thinks!! Possibly take a couple more dogs out to play!

Seriously if I lived closer Id be there EVERYDAY just to go play with the dogs! They just light up when you take em out. Must be aweful sitting in their cages on the concrete floor!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I took the bf to the shelter today and we got to take him out again today to play with him. The bf looks at me and says "if your app gets accepted and the other people dont take him we can get him" I looked back at him and I said "he stole your heart huh?" and hes like "maybe a lil" lol So we bring him back in and go on looking at some of the other dogs! Anyways he KNOWS MY VOICE already! We went to the outside pens and we were like forever away talking. I here the lil boy start barking so I go and look and hes sitting at the front of his cage staring at me

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It just gets me that they use those sweet babys as bait in fighting, it must be so traumatic for them.  He sure is a cute little guy.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know its aweful!! Seriously like 80% of the dogs in this shelter ARE pits!! I feel so bad. There was one boy there about 2 years ago his name was Slim and he sat in that shelter for about a year then he was gone. I dk if they euthanized him or if he found a home but it hurts when you know they sit in there that long!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Things that happen to dogs, especially Pitts are horrible. I used to not like them, along with Rottis, but now im seriously considering a blue nose pit :) I think they are stunning dogs. I hope everything works out with you and the cutie.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Kaity!! The other adoptee was suppose to call them back as to whether they wanted him or not so I will call tomorrow and see whats going on. If they dont take him hes all mine;)

Pits are wonderful dogs as are Rottis. Ive had experience with both breeds. They just have a really bad rep. If I get this little guy I have HUGE plans for him! Im going to be doing all kins of obedience with him, get him his cgc, ect ect. I just want people to see that "pits" arent all that bad! Its just these damn ppl that fight em and not raise them right that are ruining the breed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts