Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the past two days have been so dang aggrivating!! I started a new job yesterday so it was the first time i had been away from my girls for about 3 months. During that 3 month period Reese was accident free the entire time. Now that i am working again, it is my boyfriends responsibility to take care of the dogs in the morning. Yesterday the pee'd and poo'd in their kennel, played in it and got it all over themselves and the carpet. did my bf clean it up?? hardly! he drug the kennel outside and sprayed it off, cleaned the girls up and then tried to steam clean. He used dirty water in the steam cleaner...i come home and my house smells soooo bad. I was irritated but didnt say much. After explaining that the water needed to be HOT and CLEAN for the steam cleaner to do its job i told him it needed to be taken care of. So today i go to work again, come home and the first thing i notice is a pee spot in the middle of the living room. My boyfriend once again says he tried steam cleaning it and it didnt work. this time he didnt put the freakin carpet cleaner in!!! I got mad and steam cleaned the freakin carpet myself. So i have been home about 30 min and Reese once again pees and poos on the carpet. I went OFF! probably shouldnt have but i did. I started yelling at my bf asking how we could be accident free for over 3 months and the two days that he has been responsible for watching the dogs they have had an accident 3 times!! Started griping about responsibility and them having to be taken out more than once a day....i told him that if he got to pee more than once then why in the he!! wouldnt the dogs need to?? I mean the boy does nothing but watch tv in the morning, so there is PLENTY of time to walk them! I am so mad right now!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sorry youve been having a bad couple days...maybe make him a schedule that HE has to keep if he cant do it himself..you shouldnt have to but some people just dont get it haha. hope everything get's better...did your house get back to normal once you steam cleaned it? I want to buy one but wonder if it is worth it..oh and how is the new job?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My husband is just as bad, if I ask him to take care of the dogs for 4 hours twice a year he looks at me like I'm asking for his left nut!
But when I see him sitting in his recliner with Mateo sleeping in his lap I just forgive him for everything!

Nano

·
Registered
977 Posts
I shouldn't laugh but :rofl:  - they're all the same - they're in love with the small screen and when they're in front of it 4 hours fly by without them even realizing. In fact the house could probably collapse around them and they'd still have that 'death grip' on the remote control :wink:  (I have tested and even fast asleep my husband clings to the remote as if it's a winning lottery ticket)
I have another op on the 25th and my brother's coming over from England to dog-sit because hubby can't be trusted to come home at lunch time and look after Voltaire. V will be a lot happier with my brother anyway because he's a bit hyper and the TV leaves him indifferent :)
I must admit I have, and i say this in a very smug way :wink:  - the best dog, because the only couple of times he's been left 8 hours alone he hasn't even peed. I think he has a bladder like a tanker 8O
BTW - What d'you put in the steam cleaner? I have one but i only put clean water in mine......what kind of steam cleaner do you have?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Geez Andrea.....I'm sorry your having such a rough time. I can definitely relate! My hubby's gone all week (Mon-Fri) so I go it alone, but on the weekends it sure would be nice to get some help. He is the type where you actually HAVE to ask him to do things. It should be quite obvious, but NOOOO,,,when he is sitting 10 feet away from the back door and Maddie is doing the pee pee dance, I have to actually say "Can you let the dog out!" Pisses me off, especially when I am running around with my head cut off stressing trying to take care of everything and the kids!  :x
Ok...sorry, this isn't really my rant, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I really think some men just don't have a clue and things that are quite obvious to us just aren't to them. Maybe if you write out a schedule of when to take the girls out it will help him "remember" before they have accidents.
Good luck and I hope you can start coming home to a fresher smelling home!  :wink:

I'm also curious as to what you use in your steam cleaner. I usually just use the resolve or bissell carpet cleaner solutions. Sometimes I put a splash of ammonia in with the water and that makes the carpet really soft!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sorry Andrea!!  I know where you are coming from.  In my house it is guitar hero that takes his (hubbys) attention.  Both Maggie and Herbie can be sitting at the door and well he is rocking out....his excuse was I am leaving them in stealth mode(collarless) and he can't hear them......lol.  Anyway glad the new job is great.  Keep us posted.

·
Registered
427 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"77152 said:
and i get to come and go as i please as long as my work gets done!
Is there any way that you could run home and let them out? I always tell myself that if I want something done right I have to do it myself because my boyfriend sure isn't gonna do it, Ha!
I ask him to take the dogs out twice a day: once before he goes to work and once when he comes home at 4 am, man do I get huff and attitude. Even though I take all three of them outside by myself all day and night when he isnt here and I dont get all huffy about it. I would expect them to potty on the floor if they havent been out in a while.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I know the feeling.  I am still getting Oggie used to his crate, sometimes he's fine but others I come home and theres crap everywhere.  The house stinks.  I have to go through the entire clean him up in the tub, scrub the floor and crate (not so easy now that its too cold to use the outdoor hose), then go through a series of lighting candles and other stuff to defunkify the house.  Its all left up to me.  My wife works and goes to school, she barely lives here.  She doesn't understand why I get so aggravated.  Just take solace in the fact that if you're the one who does all the work and does it right, the dogs always consider you #1

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IWell at least i know i dont have the only lazy man in my life!! :) how is it that they can play all day with the dogs but they cant think  that they will need to go to the bathroom?? Men :roll:

Annette the type of steam cleaner i have holds water and then a cleaning solution. I found that if you use pinsol with just a tad bit of vinegar it cleans it up way better then the  store bough cleaners. At first i wasnt sure b/c of the vinegar but i tried it and it worked wonders!! my house smelled lemon-y fresh  and the carpets were sooooo much cleaner.

As for the comingcoming and going. starting on monday i am scheduled for an hour lunch so i plan on dropping in so that they will be able to get out for a bit to go potty.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Sorry about your day Andrea, I would be so frustrated!  My bf is pretty good about taking Lola out because he doesn't want her to go in the house, and he'll feed her and play with her, but anything else is up to me.  I have to give her meds if needed, brush her, bath her..all the "beauty stuff".  He told me the other day that she smelled and I said "well you are home five days a week, you could give her a bath"...he refused  :roll:   So, she still stinks :wink:   Doesn't bother me, I think she smells like a dog.  Good luck with the girls!  And congrats on the new job!

G

·
0 Posts
The dogs have less accidents with me...because I let them out more...Mike will let them out while he is home *not often* but only if they ring the bell..if they are just in the kitchen and dancing...forget it..he says they need to ring the bell...that leads to accidents, especially with Bo...then he will let them out of the crate and not supervise them at all...who knows what they get into while he's watching them, lol...BUT...I know he really loves them...and treats them well overall (I wish he would change a few things, but no one is perfect) and he does do what I ask of him...if I say "will you let the dogs out" he lets them out...If I ask him to feed them, he will...but I have to actually ask him to do so...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha!! Guys the girls are mad at me :D I just got a text message from my bf. His mom had surgery today and when he got home he had a little suprise. Apparently the girls were NOT happy that i cleaned up their mess.....When my bf walked through the door the first thing he saw was the cord to the steam cleaner torn all up. Somehow someway the girls managed to get a piece in their kennel and went to town on it. Bye bye steam cleaner....little do they know i will be replacing it!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm having one of those weeks also.  Monday my Dad mentioned that his chest was hurting and he didn't feel right.  Said he experienced the same thing the Friday before and both started after he worked out.  Tuesday from bloodwork they determined he'd had a heart attack.  Wednesday was 6 bypasses.  Mind you, he's around 6 foot and 200lbs., works out at least 4 days and week and watches what he eats.  My eyes were opened this week that heart problems are on his side of the family.  I knew they were on my Mom's side.  Found out Tuesday also that my aunt (Dad's sister) has breast cancer.  Tests show it's in ever duct and she's been having some lower back pain so they fear it's spread.  I work for my Dad, he handles all the business stuff, has never showed me anything, and now I've gotta figure it out.  Not to mention my Dad takes care of my Grandma that doesn't drive.  Pays her bills, etc... I'm sure gonna be busy for the next couple of months.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Gotta give DH his due here...... he's great, because we work different shifts it's all on him during the day and me at night. In fact until the next time change he is even responsible for exercising the 2 of them, kinda hard to do when I get home around dark  :lol: He does most of the vet visits unless I get lucky enough to get an appointment on a Saturday. I think he's usually happy to do it, he does love his babies  :lol:
JeepKuntry, sooo sorry about your week, hang in there, and please take care of your own health. Lots to take care of, hard to remember to take care of yourself!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts