Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you all about this past week and a half! Im sorry this is pretty freagin sad on my part!  :( Its just aweful!

Anyways hubby and I have two friends that work with him! Thye are both brothers and Im fairly close to them myself! One was a high school crush lol and the other well......I just like him....hes a nice guy! Well their neice was working on a roof with her step dad last monday and she slipped and fell! It was a 32 ft drop and seh landed on her face on concrete!! They rushed her to the hospital where they struggled to get her stable for a few days! She started getting better then took a turn for the worst. Pressure started building in her head and it got all the way up to 40! They figured out that it was caused by an air pocket around her lung (which she only had one of because the other collapsed) making it so she couldnt expand her lung to full capacity so they drilled a hole through her ribs to let the air out. After that she stabalized again and yesterday took another turn for the worst! At this time the doctor told us that she was 99.9% brain dead with a slim chance of survival! He said if she survived she would be a vegetable the rest of her life!! SHES ONLY 17!!! So today I got the call Ive been dreading! They decided to take her off of life support and let her go! Ive been dreading this phone call all week. Eventhough I never knew this girl it still hurts because we are such good friends with her uncles and have been through this whole ordeal with them. I just hate seeing the people I love so upset! Please send out some thoughts and prayers for their family in this time of need!

Im sorry this is sooo long I just look at all of you guys as friends! And I know you will always be here if I need you! Muah to all of you and thanks for listening.

~Cindi

·
Registered
508 Posts
Im sorry to hear that. This is sad. I cant believe how everyday life can just turn around on you and take a plunge.

2 years ago when i used to have a sport bike (gsxr600 suzuki motorcycle), my best friend had an accident and flew off of a bridge here in Mesquite which was 80 ft high and flew out 72 ft. We thought we had lost him and the doctors said that he would never be the same and he proved them wrong he broke almost every bone in his body and has titanium rods in every limb. But now he is doing normal things again. Then my best friend (Stephen Dean)died in a car wreck, someone i had spent every day for 3 years and i mean every day. And matter of fact it will be 1 year this saturday that he has been away. He is the one holding Zeus in his lap when he was a puppy with the Bud Light bottle. Worst thing was i got news on his funeral day on the way from the church to the burial site I recieved a phone call that my grandma had passed of a stroke. Sorry guys but i get emotional about this all the time and there is no one here right now to talk to so i am writitng it down because i know yall listen very well.

Im sorry i am just typing away. This kind of stuff makes me sad and hurt deep down. I just look at things as if God has a reason to all of what happens in life. And now she will be in a lot better place with peace an happines than being here. And I am here if you need anything.

ps... I look at all of you as friends as well and i am thankful to have found this great community.

·
Registered
627 Posts
OMG!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Without spilling my life out here...I know how you feel!  I feel your pain and I pray for you all!!!  God has a plan and a road map for all of us.  Sometimes that plan and map are shorter than everyone elses, but when they are, it's usually for a good reason.  Like teaching all of us a lesson.

*Always live like today is your last day on earth!!!  It very well may be!!!*

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
508 Posts
I forgot to put that in my life long posts which i am sorry about writing so much.  You and everyone around you are in my prayers and stay strong.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We will keep y'all in our prayers as well.  I'm not normally one to get preachy, but I feel the need here.  My Rocky puppy died last year on our way to Thanksgiving.  I had an extremely difficult time of it.  I went to talk to our preacher; something I'd never done before.  He explained to me that when we lose lovedones, it is not because it was "just their time".  He explained that we live in a broken world that God can't fix.  The devil is here to steal, kill, and destroy.  He steals our joy, he kills our lovedones, and he tries his best to destroy our faith in God.
Please, be encouraged that God does love you and hates to see you hurting.  He counts our tears and he cries with us.  You can always talk to me if you would like, but please, also talk to God.  He can get you through anything.  Plus, God doesn't let us go through stuff if we can't handle it.  If God brought you to it, He will bring  you through it!
Love all of y'all!
Zhanna

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh how tragic. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone else in this family. So, so sad.  :cry:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
My condolences go out to you and your friends. It is a sad time and you and your friends will be kept in my prayers.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Cindi, I am so very sorry to hear this, what a tragedy and for someone so young..My thoughts and prayers are with you and their families...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
That is just awful.  I'm so sorry to hear.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.  Find comfort in one another, I just lost my grandmother in December and that is what's getting my family through it...that we have one another to talk to.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh yeah.  I also meant to mention that in early May, my husband's uncle died on Monday and my grandma died the next day.  So we had two funerals in two days.  God really can get us through anything.
Hugs,
Zhanna

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Im so sorry!!!

When i was about 10, friends of my family got into a car accident.  The husband (rick) was driving in PA.  He thought he saw a deer and swerved off the road and hit a tree.  He died instantly, but his wife (Suzanne) was in a coma.  Her mother and sister left her on life support for about 7 years before they took her off.  Every week, we'd hear how she was getting better, but she actually wasnt getting better at all.  

Your friends family did a good thing by letting her go (even though it doesnt seem that way).  Rather then live with years of seeing her in that state.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys!! I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

·
Registered
977 Posts
That's a tragedy....i read up to the "she's only 17" bit still hoping to read "miracle" somewhere in the next line. Condolences to you and her family & friends. And my thoughts go out to all you 'forum buddies' who have had to live through similar experiences. Looks like we all have our burdens of sadness to carry. Mine's my brother Kevin who has terminal brain cancer - maybe a couple more years in him yet :pray: or maybe a miracle...who knows...you have to have hope.

·
Registered
977 Posts

This is Kev and his wife Fiona when they got married in April in Saint Louis. Pray for 'em please - every little bit might help.....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Annette prayers to you, your brother, and family. I know first hand how difficult it is dealing with cancerous brain tumors. I lost my father to a brain tumor, he was only 56. He had the worst one anyone can possibly get. I forget the name of it, it was in the center of his brain, inoperable, very fast growing. Then I lost Buster, my last boxer to one. I never had the MRI done on Buster, but I knew it was a brain tumor. He went through the same things my dad did. It was very eerie watching my dog go through what I had just witnessed with my father a few years before.
Anyway, sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Keep hope...you never know when miracles can happen. Your brother is a very handsome, young man who looks very strong and full of life. Prayers being sent...

Lisa

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh Annette my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!! Hes is a handsome man :lol:  Im praying for a miracle!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts