Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started giving Lucy her meals with a little low salt chicken broth for flavor since she was clearly not loving meal time before and now she scarfs down her food. She was getting so skinny but I think she's going to start fattening up a bit. Also, the vet said she has roundworms so she is being treated for that, which should help a bunch.

This was her 3 days ago (sorry some are so blurry)

This one looks really scary

Taken today - still ribby but I think she's on the upswing

Just a couple cute ones

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
aww what a cutie!  No more ribs!  I wish Autumn could gain weight in two days...she's 10 months and nothing but muscle, skin and bones haha...it's taken 3 large meaty meals a day to get her to gain any weight at all, and she is such a lazy dog!  I wish I could eat as much as she does, do as little as she does and still stay as skinny as she does :roll: haha

·
Registered
211 Posts
She looks great!!!! Good job!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She is looking great and the pictures of her with her eyes closed is just adorable.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
you can tell the difference!! good job :) its hard not to worry, heck my girls are 3 yrs and 1.5 years and i still worry!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bright flash mommy ---- Bright flash!!!

Love that pic --- (well, all of them)... just too cute!!! :p

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
She is absolutly gorgeous! :D

I love the littl fat full bellys of puppies, makes em look like little barrels with legs :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lucy is really looking better and she will really start putting on the weight when she gets "worm free"...Such a little sweetheart

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well, I'm going to go against everyone here & say that she looked just fine in the before pics - maybe a touch skinny, but nothing horrible. I think she looks a little bit too chunky now, actually... but she's growing so I'm sure she'll slim out nicely. Remember Boxers are a lean breed. The worst mistake ppl can make is trying to fatten them up. Just be careful & regulate how much you give her.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
She is looking great! The pic with her eyes closed is cute.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
PradazPurdy\";p=\"125190 said:
Well, I'm going to go against everyone here & say that she looked just fine in the before pics - maybe a touch skinny, but nothing horrible. I think she looks a little bit too chunky now, actually... but she's growing so I'm sure she'll slim out nicely. Remember Boxers are a lean breed. The worst mistake ppl can make is trying to fatten them up. Just be careful & regulate how much you give her.
I dont think she looked horrible in the before pics either, but there is an obvious difference in the before and after pics!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
When I first saw here I immediately though she had a similar body build and to Jessie when we first got her, thats why I wasnt surprised you said she wasnt 8 weeks.

This was Jessie the day we brought her home and the following few days (granted she didnt eat a drop of food for two days after we got her)... she looked like a dirty little emaciated dog...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JessiesMom\";p=\"125252 said:
When I first saw here I immediately though she had a similar body build and to Jessie when we first got her, thats why I wasnt surprised you said she wasnt 8 weeks.

This was Jessie the day we brought her home and the following few days (granted she didnt eat a drop of food for two days after we got her)... she looked like a dirty little emaciated dog...

Her build does look just like Jessie's! How old was Jessie there?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts