Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I introduced Bosco to my parents boxer/bulldog, Carley!!  I was a little nervous because Carley is 1yr old and fairly hyper, whereas Bosco is more reserved.  My dad and I took the dogs for a long walk on the rotary trail.  They loved it!!  And they got along great!  They have fun boxing, jumping in the snow banks and running.  Then we all spent the day at my parents house, where Carley and Bosco chewed on dog bones.

I can't believe the difference in Bosco!  Last Sunday when we got him, he was extremely skiddish and hid under my legs.  Now he seems so happy.   My dad seems to think that Bosco may have been abused?!  Poor guy, I hope not!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Ahh, well it sounds like Bosco is lucky to have you and its great that he made a doggie friend.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Sounds like Bosco is doing great! Such a handsome fella!
Love your sig btw.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
glad Bosco had a great day playing with Carley! he could have been abused previously, but he is in a great home now!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Play dates are the best, aren't they? Sometimes it takes a bit for dogs to settle in to a new enviroment...The skittishness could have been due to the changes or possibly something else...Was he a rescue? Sometimes the shelter has information they can give you, most of the times not....I know when we brought Tia home, who was abused it took a long time for her to fully trust us, but after that, look out!!  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sounds like Bosco found a friend and that they had a great time on their playdate.

G

·
0 Posts
It took Bo a good week or two to settle...He really was so skittish and didn't like Jetta at all...Now they are best friends and he plops down with the best of em, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
samsonsmom\";p=\"86604 said:
Was he a rescue?
We actually adopted Bosco from friends of ours.  The only things we learned about him, is that he has had 2 owners besides us.  The first owners, the wife hated Bosco and made her husband get rid of him. :cry:   And then when our friends had Bosco, they did not have alot of time to spent with him.  They had him crated alot (for fear of vomiting on their furniture).  That's why they found him a new home.  They felt he deserved a home where he would gets lots of attention!! :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awwww, the poor guy is confused!!! Boxers thrive on stability, as do us humans(least I do), they like their routines, so Bosco just needs a bit of time to settle in...Be patient, believe me he will adjust..Try not to overly coddle him tho, that actually can make things worse....He's basically starved for affection, that's how Samson was when I brought him home and he grew attached to me soo quickly it was amazing, course I also took him everywhere with me...To the bank, to the wine store, you name it  :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts