Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going about our Saturday routine this morning and also getting ready to take Cooper to the vet for a skin scraping.  The appt was at 10am.  Well, at about 9am Cooper gobbled something up off the floor and my wife said, "He just ate Hunter's toy!".  Our son was playing with a little tablet you can draw on with magnets.  We counted the ones on the table and we were definitely missing one.  I thought there was no way he was able to swallow the toy as quickly as he did, but we decided to be safe and got the hydrogen peroxide out.  First time I've ever had to do that so I didn't quite know what to expect.  Wow!  Does that stuff work or what?  No magnet to be found.  But we did find a balloon.  So, we decided to try one more dose, but pretty much nothing came out that time around.    We got worried that maybe it was too big to be thrown up.  Well, we had enough time before the appt to make sure his stomach had calmed down enough for the car ride.

As soon as we got to the vet I explained the situation and we started walking back to an exam room and my phone rang.  My wife had found the missing piece!  It had fallen down and stuck to the metal chair my son was sitting in.  We felt so bad that we didn't really have to make him throw up, but didn't feel too bad since we got a balloon up.

Anyway, the skin scraping came back the same as last time.  Found 2 mites, but they were dead.  But that means the treatment needs to be continued for at least another month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Awwww so sorry to hear about your crappy morning but really glad you found that toy! and wow a balloon??? It just amazes me the things our dogs will eat..Least the mites were dead and hoping another month of treatment is all he has to go thru , poor lil guy  :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,306 Posts
What a way to start a Saturday!!! Glad that everything uhh came up allright..Never had to try the peroxide, now I know it works :) Sorry to hear that Coop still has to stay on treatment for another month, but at least the mites were dead, which means it's working..Give that guy a big hug for me, sound slik ehe could use one, even tho I am sure he gets plenty  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,429 Posts
That would have been so scary, but at least the day ended a bit better with hearing the mites were dead.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top