Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

what a rescue dog brings to your life

9K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Barbs2Ks 
samsonsmom\";p=\"952 said:
How else can the rescues track what's going on with their adoptees?
Hi there,
We do, but many times, it is the foster home that gets the updates and not the app workers. There are also many other times that we call to follow up and our calls aren't returned (I'm sure everyone gets busy!). We do get the occasional update when we call to check in and see how things are going, but they really are few and far between.

I do agree that rescues (AND breeders) need to follow up with their past adoptions every once in a while, and that it's also the adoptee's responsibility to follow up with the rescue/breeder where they go their dogs from as well. We really do love to hear the good stories and that you are enjoying your fur-kid(s)! :)

Hi Willow,
Each individual group has their own policy with regards to chipping. We chip all of ours. Chipping is also a newer thing (within the last 10 years or so). . . It is quite possible that your girl was chipped before chipping was routinely practiced, depending on her age. It also took a while for chipping to catch on. Many didn't chip for a while, simply because shelters didn't have scanners. Now that they all have them, however, it's become the standard for many rescue groups (and breeders - my dogs are all chipped, as will be my puppies prior to leaving my home).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.