Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

what a rescue dog brings to your life

9K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Barbs2Ks 
Our first boxer came from a breeder but our second boxer was rescued.  It was not our intention to adopt another pet so early but we found our rescue when he was six weeks old in a mud pit covered with fleas.  The owner was trying to sell mom and pup (real cheap)  We investigated and decided we would take the pup.  Someone else was interested in the mom.   We drove all the way from Central Illinois almost down to Paducah, KY to get him.   I called the vet on the way home and told her what we had and she gave us great instructions until she could see us that next Monday.

Needless to say, after the initial first week, he was accepted into our family wholeheartedly.  It took our Scout a week to become familiar with our newly acquired Gunner but they are inseparable now and are constant companions.  They always need to be touching each other.  Gunner has the saddest eyes I have ever seen but he is a very loving and intelligent puppy.  He has thrived at our home after being treated for tapeworm (which he got from eating fleas).  It is great to come home and see his little wigglybutt waiting for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.