Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

what a rescue dog brings to your life

9K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Barbs2Ks 
Couldn't help but to revive this old thread.

Boxer Rescue LA caught my eye since I am just beginning to deal with them.  I got my application approved and simply need to make an appointment.  I currently don't have a dog, but I have in the past.  I am just trying to figure out what I should get so I'll be ready.

I will transport the dog in the back of an SUV.  Does anyone think it is wise to put him in a crate rather than free to roam in the back of the vehicle?

Thanks.

samsonsmom\";p=\"4818 said:
Congrats to you!!! They are a very good organization and truly care about the boxers that they are trying to place.....If it's possible, take someone with you when you pick up your new boxer. That way they can sit in the back and keep him/her company....Spread a towel out also, even tho It's not a pup, I assume, it still is a good idea. Depending on how long of a drive you have, you may want to consider taking a rest stop also....I drove 2 hrs to pick up Samson and he was fantastic on the ride home. Curled up in the passenger seat and snoozed most of the way..... :)

Where abouts in OC are you? I used to live in Orange
Yes, I'm glad I found them online.  I first started looking for dogs for sale.  When I saw their website, I knew this would be the type of dog I would feel best about taking home.  Poor guys...  I wish I could take them all home.

You bring up a good idea.  I was thinking about having my wife sit in the back seat so she could be near the dog.  Poor guy is going to need to adjust and I hope it's not too scary for him.

I am about 15 minutes South of Irvine in a small 'berb.  I just ate at the Orange County Mining Company the other night.  I take the back canyon road to get there.  I'm sure you've been to that place?

[quote="Bruyere\";p=\"9173":2lu49xlx]I don't know if most people would say we rescued Oscar or not but here is the story and I will let you decide.

My husband and I were at a flea market (having no intention of getting a dog) when we ran across the pet store there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.