Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

what a rescue dog brings to your life

9K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Barbs2Ks 
Bruyere I would definitely consider that a rescue.  We rescued Reagan our ferret from a pet store. I know he's not a dog but it was so sad there we wanted to cry. They had 8+ ferrets in an inclosed badly ventalated box type thing. NO food in their good bowls... NO water in their water bottles... it was scary when they opened the door... they all got super excited and with in 15 seconds... they'd slow WAY down... and just kind of lay there! THAT IS NOT WHAT A FERRET DOES!! Poor reagan skinny as can be (they all were really) was sleeping in the litter box. We told them they didn't have food and water... we were there for probably an 1+ after we told them and they still didn't have any food or water!!!!!!!

I called the lady from the ferret shelter there in SA, TX (we were talking to her about adopting a ferret) and told her what we had saw there at that pet store. Since we were headed out of town she said she'd go down there and see for herself and then report them. I asked my friend if she'd check that pet store out while she was on that side of town and last I checked with her... they weren't selling ferrets anymore!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.