Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dungy is sooo weird... he doesnt like eating out of his bowl unless he is really hungry, but if u dump his food on the ground, it is gone in a second... what a crazy little guy.

I prolly dont help cause i am the one that will put it on the ground lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you have a stainless steel bowl?
Sasha didnt like to eat out of these bowls, The only thing I could think of was that she would see a reflection or something. She would pull out her food and put it on the ground to eat it. Switched to a ceramic bowl and she out of that bowl no problem.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Milo is the same way, he won't eat out of a bowl, he'll dump it over then eat it.

I'll have to try a ceramic bowl and see if that helps...but then again, he'll drink out of a stainless steal bowl. Weird dogs.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Andrea, that's what Angel does! But I pick hers up and put it back in her bowl otherwise Samson will eat it all..... :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hahahaha... Koa does the SAME THING!  We use a ceramic bowl and unless he's REALLY hungry or I coat the food with egg, he'd much prefer the food on the ground.  I'm also the guy who will pour it on the floor for him, he's skinny enough as is!

G

·
0 Posts
Jetta doesn't quite do that..she will pick up food in her mouth then put the mouthful on the ground and eat that...then go back pick up a mouthful and repeat the process...Bo will just devour his food no matter where it's at.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol... must be a boxer thing cause my other dogs have no issue w/ bowls... i think it is funny cause the whole time i didnt think he liked his food, but he loves it on the ground.  I think he thinks when it is separated, it is like little treats lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
Harley used to take one piece of food and play with it (throwing it in the air, batting it around, jumping on it, etc)..then he'd go eat his food. He did that for all 11 years of his life. I always used to say he had to kill his food before he ate it. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts