Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think she is ok? It seems like she is a reputable breeder. I have emailed her a few times and checked out her site. She has a white puppy that I was intrested in. Her price was very good also. Well thanks I was wondering if anyone out there had heard of her. It is so hard to know. She has been the only one who has not asked a crazy amount for her white boxer. Most of the other breeders charge the same or sometimes more. I was reading that breeders should charge less for the white puppies. Well thanks for letting me know...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Laurie is good, and the litter is I think out of Dawn's CH sire and Dolly which is from Backwoods boxers. I met Dolly at ABC a year ago when she was shown out there - Love her, very nice bitch! Nope, she charges less with the whities but does have a spay/neuter clause. Dolly has been health tested.

Some breeders will charge the same amount for a white or less. It all depends on the breeder. Ones who call whites "rare" and charge more and do not place on s/n contract are the ones that would send me running to the hills. When she had a litter that produced CH toplines you dont know Jack - there was a white pup. She was placing it very low which was a great deal for a pet home for a puppy from heath tested parents.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello I spoke with Laurie today. I like her a lot. I am buying a puppy from her. The mother is Tika. She wont come home until the end of Feb. I am so excited. Just when I was going to give up. I am so happy. Also knowing someone else knows her and what she likes makes me feel better. Thanks

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
rudynmagsmom said:
Hello I spoke with Laurie today. I like her a lot. I am buying a puppy from her. The mother is Tika. She wont come home until the end of Feb. I am so excited. Just when I was going to give up. I am so happy. Also knowing someone else knows her and what she likes makes me feel better. Thanks
That's wonderful!! I am soo happy for you...I don't know Laurie personally, but have seen her dogs and they are lovely :) Congrats, can't wait to see the new addition

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Oh, Congratulations! THat is wonderful...can't wait to see the new baaaby! :) We LOVE the Whiteys around here!LOL!

You are correct about most whites being a bit less...we got Pua from a breeder on the west side and she charged 2/3 for Pua compared to her fawn and brindle counterparts...I think it really does depend on the breeder as to how much less....but, if they charge more...they are up to no good!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there.i am new and am looking to buy a new puppy boxer,but why are the white boxers cheaper than thier sibblings?whats the difference.are they not all the same dogs?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yes they all are the same dogs, but in confirmation and breeding only fawn and brindle are recognized. If a breeder has a white in its litter, then they should place is on a spay/neuter contract. Whites should not be breeding stock due to their lack of pigment. However they can participate in agility, rally and obedience.

Due to the fact that AKC only allows full reg on fawn and brindles, most breeder only breed for them, not for whites. If a white does come in the litter, many breeder only place on spay/neuter or sometimes for less of a fee. Does not mean that they are less than their color counterparts, just that they are pure pet puppies. Some breeder so charge the same as their colored pups. Depends on the breeder. Do stay away from breeder who says rare white boxer puppies or charge more for whites.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You do have to be careful because they try to trick you into thinking they are rare. Some people do not know anything and will breed their white boxers because they dont have a clue. My Rudy did not have a neuter/spay contract. Thank god I read about them first because I had a friend of mine who wanted to breed hers with mine. I got him fixed after reading about Breeding and realized there was way more to it. So you have to be careful.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didnt see Spiritfaith was it her dog? I love drake he is so cute! Yes Laurie is very nice I liked her the first time I talked to her. She loves her pups :) Did you have Drake sent to you on the plane? If you did how was he when you got him. I worry about mine because I am getting her Feb 14 and I hope the weather is ok. I notice you are from Canada so you have cold weather too! I cant wait to see my pup.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Just want to say congrats on finding a new pup! It's great that she comes from someone people can personally recommend. :up:

G

·
0 Posts
maybe wrong...but did I hear that whites are more prone to being deaf? just asking...I thought I heard that somewhere?? :?:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:) They are. I am just praying she is not. The breeder said she would be able to tell around 5 weeks. She is only 2 weeks now. She said she has never had a white pup that was deaf. It would be my luck that she will be I hope not. I dont know what they chances are. I have a white boy Rudy and he is fine...So I just pray everything will be with her

1 - 20 of 34 Posts