Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weight pull is common in the world of APBT sports, but I have yet to hear about it here on BF, I was wondering if there is anyone that has their boxers in weight pull? Its something that I've considered doing with my APBT mix because it seems like an excellent way to burn energy, but the dog really has to want to pull, you can't force it to, its impossible... Also, I know that extensive medical tests need to be done prior to placing a dog in this sport because it is strenuous on the joints. If anyone has any info on this sport, I'd be happy to hear it.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i can give you names of close friends in the competitve pitty world..i have pics from a weight pull finals at the bully breed show here a few months ago

amazing but yes they are very serious about extensive testing on the dog before any pulling begins..and ALOT dont pass..its a personal choice i guess

www.hopekennels.com thats my close friends site... also www.hawaii's strongest dog .com

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'm gonna check out those links. :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
;) very welcome

·
Registered
217 Posts
Moorea is just getting into weight pulling. We are currently looking for a facility that lets us train. Boxers can compete very well in this sport. They seem to enjoy it. She has the cutest harness it is pink camo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts