Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please help me determine once and for all what breed she is?  I have heard APBT, SBT, Boxer, Boxer/Lab, American Bully and even Rottweiler.    What do you think?

Sorry for all the pictures, but I am REALLY wondering.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks like a pit bull to me.  The line between a APBT and a SBT is pretty vague.  We use to have a pit bull but it was registered as a staffordshire for some reason (either locally they didn't recognize pit bulls or my parents didn't want to throw up any red flags for having a "pit bull").  Definitely not a boxer or rottie.  Could it be a boxer/lab mix, I suppose, but doubt it.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"86695 said:
pit / lab mix I'd say. lab only because of the coloring really.
I was going to say the same thing. You can get a DNA test done to determine what she is...I seen it in someone elses post in regards to breed.
Sharon might be able to direct you the right way.

SHe is a pretty girl though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smack83\";p=\"86697 said:
[quote="DieselsMom\";p=\"86695":3au4q8no]pit / lab mix I'd say. lab only because of the coloring really.
I was going to say the same thing. You can get a DNA test done to determine what she is...I seen it in someone elses post in regards to breed.
Sharon might be able to direct you the right way.

SHe is a pretty girl though![/quote:3au4q8no]

Yeah, I have researched that a little bit.  I know that they don't recognize APBT in those tests though.  They do, however, recognize AmStaff's and Staff's.

I have had 2 different vets say ABPT, but I have had people say Boxer/Lab mix.  To me, she doesn't look Boxer at all, but what do I know?  That's why I was prompted to join a Boxer forum.  I thought, "These people will definitely know if she's got Boxer in her."

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'd say from what I know of the bully breeds... American Bull Terrier or Pitbull... I don't really see the boxer/lab thing. Normally the head isn't so huge. Very pretty girl though!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would guess Pit maybe some lab.  My pitt bull Rascal was the same color but he had a black mask.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mastray\";p=\"86715 said:
I'd say from what I know of the bully breeds... American Bull Terrier... I don't really see the boxer/lab thing. Normally the head isn't so huge. Very pretty girl though!
See?  Me either.  I do think Boxers are adorable.  I just don't think Lucy looks like one.

ETA: If it is determined that she isn't Boxer, do I have to leave?  Hahahahaha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kiahsmom\";p=\"86716 said:
I would guess Pit maybe some lab.  My pitt bull Rascal was the same color but he had a black mask.
Do you have any pics of him?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My original thought was pitbull but I don't think their heads are that big. Odin's trainer had an American Bull Terrier and she looked a lot like yours but white w/ big patches. She's so thick and built like one... IMO.   :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="SR70\";p=\"86723":32fo8e1d][quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"86716":32fo8e1d]I would guess Pit maybe some lab.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
SR70\";p=\"86720 said:
ETA: If it is determined that she isn't Boxer, do I have to leave?  Hahahahaha.

YES!

no just kidding, but I also dont see boxer in her. I'm willing to bet that pit / lab is right. I'm pretty good at the guess the breed game. =P

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sharonL\";p=\"86732 said:
Edited to say I do have the lab information for a Doggie DNA test if you would like it....
Sure.  Thanks.  It was my understanding that it doesn't pick up APBT though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
brown274\";p=\"86768 said:
I used to breed them. That is a very common color in the pitbull bloodline. Sorrell and grapevine bloodlines are heavy in the light fawn and red fawn.
http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/sorrellsphotos.html

Also, the pic with the black& white dog, looks like it has colby or greenwood bloodlines. Those markings and very,very common traits within that bloodline.
Wow.  Interesting site.  Thanks!  Looking at those dogs on that site answers a LOT of questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BOXERBOYS\";p=\"86793 said:
I'm going with  Bull Terrier!

As in Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier or American Bull Terrier?  Hahahaha.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts