Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys a freind of my wifes gave her he's boxer, he's white with one brown hear. he's really cute and he's 8 month's old.
now i need your help guys:)  2 small questions.
he's papers say that he is CAC registered????? i have never heard of cac before. have u guys?
and what color of boxers are the most expensive?
or it doesnt really matter?
thanks alot guys:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmm, CAC I have not heard of, although, I have heard of CAC as a title or certificate for dog events, like CFC: Canadian Field Champion. Someone should have more knowledge on that.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums.
I have never heard of CAC before. I have no idea what that could be. I even did a search for it and didn't come up with anything.
As far as color, a white boxer with a patch over his ear is usually called a "check", then of course their are fawns and brindles. The prices will vary depending on where you aquire them.  I don't think color has anything to do with the price. Back yard breeders will try to get more money for whites by advertising them as rare, when in fact they aren't rare at all. Some people advertise reverse brindles as rare by calling them black boxers. It all depends on where you get them from and who you are dealing with.
As far as papers go, they really don't mean didly to me because you can get papers for a snake. It is so easy to register things that don't even exist. I really think their should be stricter guidelines when it comes to registering animals.
And that's just my 2 cents worth. Welcome again!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Just thinking about this again....Do you mean the CKC? That is the Continental Kennel Club. I still can't figure out CAC. Hmmm...maybe someone else will know.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well , I'm stumped on the CAC, but I'll do some checking. Beware anybody that trys to sell you or hypes a certain color as being rare, therefore more expensive..Boxer standard states that there are 2 acceptable colors, fawn and brindle, whites, can be registered but not bred. They are not rare!!! There are a few people now that are trying to say that they are selling black boxers. Well there is no suchh thing..It's not in their genetic make-up. A reputable breeder when selling puppies will sell their "show " quality pups at a higher price, anywhere from $1,000 up. A boxer you buy as a pet, you can figure from $400-600... But it's not determined by color....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys iam so sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy i swear iam sorry but the papers were in my wife's car and i have looked at them today as soon as she got back from work and they say ACA pedigree. again guys iam sorry for letting u work ure head like crazy:(
thanks alot for the welcome guys and we were moving to the new place so i havent had time to look at the replies.
so again sorry and thanks for the info.
but is aca a good kennel?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
het tootsie thanks for the website i looked at it but do u think it's a good association? or just another ok one?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I really don't really understand what you are asking about them being a "good" association. They are an all breed international registry. What are you planning on doing with your boxer. I never registered mine because I don't show or breed, so there really is no point. I just look at it as another paper to file somewhere! So, depending on what you are planning for your boxer, I think that would help with your question.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
All the ACA is is a registry.. Neither good bad or indifferent. I've never registered any of my dogs with them, as they just my pets...I believe you said it's a white boxer, correct? Which exempts you from breeding anyways. I wouldn't worry about the papers at all.. Like Tootsie said, it's just something else to fill out...And I hate paperwork.

Just sit back & enjoy your baby....Lol

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Honestly, I'd call the ACA a 'bad' registry.  They offer "genetic health certification" but only require a vet check to do so (the genetic health problems to which Boxers - as well as many other breeds - are prone generally *cannot* be detected by a simple vet check).  The health form only asks the vet to certify the bite is correct with no missing teeth, the eyes are free of "enthropia" (the correct terms are 'entropion' and 'ectropion'), and that there is no heart murmur (many vets are not skilled enough to pick up heart murmurs that cardiologists can).  As well, their "Find a Puppy" information is simply a listing of pet stores.  Really, this is just another sham registry set up so that those who have been suspended by AKC can still offer puppies with "papers".

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Thanks for the info Newcastle, I wasn't aware of that. As far as offering puppies with papers, I guess there are plenty of people that wouldn't know the difference..As long as the pup had papers, the owners would think everything is ok...A good lesson to us all....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts