Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

What color collar???

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  jeanathanh2o 
#1 ·
I am going to order a collar and leash from a vendor on ebay who custom makes them.  Just basic nylon webbing but I can choose any color.  I really like the green  I have now but it just gets so dirty.  I live in Ga and the lime green collar I  have gets dirty all the time and needs to be washed several times a week.  So I was wondering what color to go with this time??  

Also this collar will stay on her all the time rather than being a two in one leash and collar combo that I take off whenever she is in the house.

#5 ·
SILVER, SCARLET RED, FLUORESCENT LIME GREEN, FLUORESCENT PINK, LAVENDER, FLUORESCENT YELLOW, RED, ROYAL BLUE, BURGUNDY, PURPLE, BROWN, TEAL, FOREST GREEN, HUNTER GREEN, KELLY GREEN, BLACK, NAVY BLUE, TURQUOISE AND FLUORESCENT ORANGE.

These are the colors available.

#7 ·
I'm a big fan of purple!  
In my experience no color stays clean.  We had a black colar on Lola for a few weeks....then changed to pink....and they both got dirty!  Guess it just comes with the territory.  I especially love cleaning her leash when she decides to drag it behind her then squats to go potty!

#8 ·
Awwhhh but she looks so pretty with lime green! I honestly have no idea what color you should get. You should take her to petsmart or something and put different colors up against her to see what looks better. I wanted this blue and brown for Odin... but on him it looked BAD. So we got black... guess you can't go wrong with that? LOL I'm no help LOL

#9 ·
Angel has gotten her pink one so dirty that I'm getting her a new one tmw..I'm thinking about a rolled leather one, a lot of the boxers at meetup have them and they really look nice...Marq doesn't like the pink anyways, for some reason..Guess I better not get the one I saw, it was pink leather, with a soft inside with silver bones all over it..I thought it was gorgous, but I think someone may throw a fit... :(

As far as what colors, I like the scarlet red & the teal myself.....

#12 ·
I like purple espically on fawn pups.Cheyenne had purple star had pink

We had a spiked for Rocky (when he was a pup) it was a HD.Unless youve got the money to keep buying a new one everytime he out grows it Id wait till hes fully matured.I know even the tiny spiked collars are $20+ atleast here anyway and the big ones $50+ I was going to get Rocky one but hes no longer with us.

#18 ·
samsonsmom\";p=\"10297 said:
Odin is gonna be a nudist? Oh my.....Love that shirt Mastray...Marq now suggested a spiked collar for our dainty girl...I don't think so!!
I think Marq has the right idea... Boxers with spiked collars is great!

Odin will have a spiked collar, but after he's full-grown (can't afford a leather collar of the week right now).

#19 ·
Lol, well I'll let Marq know that you approve, but it just doesn't seem right on my little girl!! Now on Samson, oh yes, he could wear one, but he says he likes his collar with all the bones on it, he's partial to anything to anything having to do with food.. :lol:

Odin would look good with one when he's grown, I think he could handle it...They are expensive( or more than others), so I'm trying not to go too crazy on a collar..

#20 ·
Speaking of collars and "when they're full grown", at what point is a Boxer typically "full grown" in height issues (I know they can "fatten-up" with age, but about when do they max-out on height?).

I generally assume most dogs are full-size at a year, but are boxers quicker or slower on being "full-size" at a certain age?

Odin is about four months old now... just wondering when he'll be done growing in size.

#21 ·
I had always "assumed" that once they turned a year, that Bam, they were adults..Not so with boxers...When Buck turned a year, I had him into the vets for his checkup and commented that my baby was now an adult...He laughed at me!!! Went on to educate me about boxers...Boxers have a long puppyhood..Actually aren't really considered adults til they are 3..The growing will pretty much stop at a year, but it's not uncommon to see a spurt at about 18 mos...Then they will start filling out.. A full grown male should stand between 22 1/2" to 25", a female between 21" to 23 1/2"..Weigh-wise, that's abit harder..It kinda depends on your boxer...Now Samson, is a big boy, he's very stocky, always has been, he's also a wee bit overweight..I think he weighs close to 90 lbs..Which is too much guys!!! You do not want your baby that heavy...Buck was fairly tall and all muscle and weighed in at 69 lbs...That's a lot better..Angel weighs about 55 lbs..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.