Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking fawn... but she looks darker towards her back end.. Her head is pretty fawn!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
looks like there is some bridle there.  Its hard to tell... Jessie had a lot of black on her butt when she was that age.  I thought maybe she'd have a bridle stripe or two... but shes just got some black on her tail now...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel is getting a bit lighter in color as well, and his half collar on his neck has pretty much gone, only a few stray white hairs are left, not the big white stripe that used to be there.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Her coloring is really interesting..She is more brindle on her back, but her head looks fawn....Think you are going to have to wait a bit to really see how she does....Is she going to be 8 wks when you bring her home? I just noticed in your siggy that you said she was 3 1/2 wks now, so I kinda wondered...She really needs to stay with her Momma and her siblings til 8 wks. A reputable breeder should know that..Not trying to put a damper on anything, just thought you should know that....I have a thread I started about what to look for in a breeder and it goes into the reasons that pups need to stay together until that magic 8 wk mark....
Oooppss, my bad..went back and looked again..I am soo sorry...My math really sucks..She just turns 8 wks when you bring her home!!!  :oops:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol thats okay..  but yeah.. She'll be a day over 8 weeks when I bring her home (if my math is correct.. hehe I'm bad too!).. I can't wait to see how the coloring turns out. She's so interestingly (is that a word? it sounds funny) marked.. I love my little girl and I can't wait!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh my goodness I have never seen boxers so young! They're adorable little furballs! She is interesting....a fawn head and dark body. I'm gonna guess shell be fawn. Just a guess....nothing to back it. She has a little white mark on the back of her neck just like my Xena. Xena's is a triangle shape though. Anyway....I'm sure she's gonna be gorgeous whatever color she turns out to be because she already is now.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
lol....In that first picture I could have swore that was a rabbit! :eek:  haha I keep looking at it, she just looks like a bunny from that camera angle! Cute!
Hmmm, interesting color.  The top of her head looks fawn. I don't really see the brindling on her back. They usually will not change color, so what you see is pretty much what you get!  :wink:

·
Registered
616 Posts
LOL!  I thought the first one was a bunny too!  :lol:  She does have interesting colors on her.  My guess is she will look just like she does now with a fawn head and her brindling on her back end.  Any way you look at her she will be beautiful and unique!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A side view would be better, but it looks like she may be a lightly-marked brindle.  The darker coloring toward the rear is not unusual in a fawn puppy, but in some of the shots it looks like there may be some striping on the top of her head, at her shoulders, and on her rib cage.  (Of course it also looks like she might be a little wet, in which case the striping may just be wet areas!)

What color are her parents?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's not brindle at all.. She's the only one who wasn't... She looks identical to this puppy... Do you think I should contact the breeder just to get an idea of how this one turned out?

She's just really light on her head but darker down the body... I just think she's neat! I've never seen one this color... Like the fawn is very clear on her head....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
her coloring reminds me a lot of Jessie when she was that old... I'd say shes gonna be fawn for sure

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
This was jessie at 6 weeks, on the way home from picking her up at the airport... and she had a lot of black on her butt

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yay! I'm so excited! LOL Thats the color I always told my boyfriend I wanted and we got her! 25 more days! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas!

Jessie is adorable now and she was then too! I love her coloring now and thats what I want Mia to look like! Just wait til she comes.. I'll be blowing you guys up with pictures!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Post all the pics you like!!   We are addicted to puppy pics and just can't seem to get enough!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Flutterby\";p=\"9433 said:
Yay! I'm so excited! LOL Thats the color I always told my boyfriend I wanted and we got her! 25 more days! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas!

Jessie is adorable now and she was then too! I love her coloring now and thats what I want Mia to look like! Just wait til she comes.. I'll be blowing you guys up with pictures!
Thanks...

we are picture freaks here... we dont mind it at all!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
She's not brindle at all..
Oh, well then the answer is easy - she's not brindle, and she's not white, so she is (and will be) fawn. :)  Color doesn't change from birth (once they're dried off, anyway) - white markings shrink, and brindling spreads out, but the actual color remains unchanged, so a fawn is a fawn is a fawn.  As I mentioned, fawn puppies often have darker 'guard' hairs on their bodies, but these will mostly fall out by the time they're grown.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
We can never see too many puppy pictures..I think we live for them...Lol...Looking at those last pictures, I'm thinking she will be a fawn, Angela, she does look a lot like Jessie did...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts