Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 month old male Patch is at the vets on IV's antibiotics and fluids , he is responding ok thank god. The vet cant give me a reason for this infection. I cut my own fire wood and Patch is in the woods with me every trip, could he have drank bad water ?
I'm afraid he could get sick agian from who knows what :?:
 Any suggestions , please fire away I'm desperate to know how to keep him safe from this happening again.
  JTMAX aka John

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of Patch's illness. I've personally never had to go through this, but here is a link with some hopefully useful information for you. I hope Patch is feeling better and is home with you very soon.  :wink:

http://www.thepetcenter.com/gen/kf.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tootsie
Thanks for the site , very informative , not very comforting.
With the lords will Patch wont have to much permanent damage and at least come home.
   Theres no chance of contacting antifreeze here, but the neighbors on either side of my place do there own auto maintinance, I will be making some inspections tomorrow.
     JTMAX

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Good Luck. I do hope you find out what happened. Maybe Patch did get into some antifreeze that was spilled on the ground.  :?
Sending Patch some ((((healing vibes)))) and hope he comes home soon.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.  Get well soon Patch.  Hope you find out what caused it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I hope Patch gets will soon too... I hope that this is just a fluke...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the well wishing and info ,this site and all you people are great.
Talk about seperation anxiety :roll:  I cant wait until tuesday . I keep looking over my shoulder expecting him to be there.
   JTMAX

·
Registered
948 Posts
Awe.. Only one more day.. I don't think I'd be able to deal with being away from my babies that long!

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's otherwise known as "The Famous Boxer Kidney Bean".  Every boxer I've ever come across has done it.  It shows they're excited.

Glad to hear Patch is home and hopefully that's the end of it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
so glad to hear your dog is OK!  it is so frustrating to not know what's wrong and 8 million dollars later, you still don't have an answer.

welcome!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
So very glad he's doing well!  He will gain back his weight soon enough as long as he's eating again.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad to hear that Patch is doing better..The weight will come back, just let it be slowly, it's healthier....Yea, there's nothing like being greeted by a couple boxers doing the kidney bean, aka sausaging, pretzeling... :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts