Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

What do you do to keep your boxers from smelling?

17K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  sharonL 
jeez i guess im the weirdo here hahha

i dont buy "dog" shampoo b/c i never thought it worked as well as people shampoo...the best ive ever used was pantene shamp and cond in 1..the smell stayed for like 3 weeks..and that was in mass in the humidity with my american bully and my golden retriever..and goldens have that skin that sweats so they can really smell..

i bathe isis and onyx probably every 2 or 3 weeks..they never really stink...just get dirty b/c they are goofy fools lol..they run around like weirdos and fall all over and here in hawaii we have RED DIRT THAT STAINS..so isis plays clifford the big red dog hahaha..

i also will use the lavender johnsons baby shampoo and just scrub them with a mild soap first then use that..it works wonderfully..and its mild but works....

believe me when i say i ve spent a fortune in the past on dog shampoos etc etc and nothing compared to the pantene or baby shampoo..and you cant beat the price haha...

but as you know i grew up on cape cod then boston in mass so i know all about the humidity..and have had dogs all of my 36 years...2 goldens (lived to 14 and 16) ,pit ( passed @ 7 from cancer) and an american bully( hit by car, passed in 05)..they all had that east coast humidty stink lol..its par for the course i guess...

everyone has differnt things that work for them..per usual im just tellin ya what worked for me..although i am one of those try it and see if it works people ..i think these things worked wel..but hey what do i know lol

our truck always smells like dog hahaha..b/c they are so yukky when they get back in..we just leave the windows opena dn say screw it

glad hubby and i are both on the same page as far as kids and dogs..if he was anal about smells and mess wed be in trouble..we just clean it and say whatever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.