Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the quilt I just finished for the Green Acres Boxer Rescue 2007 Boxer Bash silent auction.  I am so nervous because I want it to do well for the auction but what if it doesn't????

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could make one for everyone but just don't have the time.  I made one for me at the same time but don't have it finished yet.  Once I finish you guys can borrow it for a while (traveling quilt).  Sue Olsen who designed the pattern was kind enough to let me make it for the rescue  (I did modify it a bit had too many flowers for my taste).  She has some great patterns and they are pretty easy to make.  I would be glad to help anyone who needs help with the instructions.  

http://www.doggonequilts.com/boxer.htm

·
Registered
236 Posts
Barb, it's beautiful.  You are very talented.   I'm certain this will be a big hit at the auction.  How much time do you have invested in this?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It's beautiful!  :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I started it in June and finished today but these quilts can be done in a week and you wouldn't have to work every minute.  I just worked a little at a time and had a lot of problems with my sewing machine so I had to use my old machine to finish it up.

Here is the process if you are interested.  With the pattern you get an actual size pattern, trace the pattern onto muslin, draw the pattern pieces on to a two sided fusible product and cut it larger than the pattern, take one side paper off the fusible and place it on the fabric you want (a little larger than the pattern); iron that piece (leaving the paper on the other side of the fusible), cut out the pattern on the fusible and fabric, take off the paper from the fusible and place it on the proper place on the muslin (it is slightly sticky so it will stay). Once the whole thing is on the pattern you iron all the pieces down.  There is supposed to be a gap between pattern pieces and that is where you quilt which gives it definition.  I used a dark brown variable thread because I thought black would be too stark.  It is very forgiving and if you don't like a color you can easily switch it out before you iron everything down.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's awesome Barb, I think it will do very well....People will be fighting for it..Lol..Quilts are a hot commodity now, it's going to do great.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, I am very interested.  I just learned that we are going to have a new baby in the family.  My hubby is a wood worker and he's going to build a crib.  I would love to be able to make a quilt to give with the crib.  Seeing your work has motivated me to give it a try.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts