Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some Tiger show on Animal Planet this week.  About how this trainer raised and trained two tigers - Ron & Julie.  Not sure if anyone saw it.  It was probablly one of the most amazing documentary / shows I have seen.  To see the way this young (and cute) trainer reacts with the tigers totally facinates me!     Just wondering if anyone else has anything that totally blows their mind.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ya I seen that show to, and it was pretty amazing....What I find pretty facinating is the connection that can be achieved between any animal and humans and how they can communicate with us and be taught almost anything...One show I thought was also really amazing was that "Dog Genius", I think it was on the national geographic channel...the connection between dogs and their owners is amazing, like how they pick up on your mood and energy, and how humans can communicate with eye contact, hand signals or just plain words, they are capable of understanding about 165 words to be exact...Another facinating thing for me is the whole life cycle of how a dog reproduces, I seen a show called "In the womb" and they took you through A-Z on how the cycle of development and birth happens...I thought that this was such a beautiful learning experience...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I saw living with Tigers a while back and then saw it again the other night, I thought it was amazing too.  If I remember correctly they had a website that gave updates on the tigers.  I found one, Julie has cubs.  http://www.jvbigcats.co.za/

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm amazed that scientists have found a way to prevent the HIV virus from spreading from cell to cell.  This amazes me and I think provides hope for so many people out there!  I love science.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I saw that series "in the womb".. Absolutely amazing...Watching the way these little ones develop, unbelieavable  :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I love the "Planet earth series" pretty much everything in it was fascinating to me, but here are a few favorite clips:
(the last bird is my favorite)

and this wasn't part of the series I don't think, but it's amusing too :)  no embed link, so here is the link to the video: lyre bird

·
Registered
696 Posts
I agree on the Planet Earth series... amazing to watch. I watch Animal Planet & The Discovery Channel pretty much religiously. They always have interesting shows. I enjoyed the Blue Planet series a lot too.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm ashamed to say..it facinates me me how often I come to this computer to look things up on the board!! LOL...You would think by the time you had your 5th boxer you'd just KNOW stuff..but you all are my lifeline to raising a 17 week old handful!!

But truely, what fascinates me on TV...Man vs Wild..how much would YOU ask for to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere, and try to make your way out...the guy is CRAZY!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts