What "good" dog food consisted of

The "right" way a Boxer should appear

How SILLY they are!!

Some great training tips that I never read in a book before

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
For me; much the same as Heather;

The difference between buying from a BYB and a reputable breeder; yes byb may be nice people with good intentions but they do not put the thought and effort into what dogs should be bred and the ones that shouldn't.

What great, caring and supportive people are on these forums.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
*that reverse brindles appear black, but aren't

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great topic

Just to name a few as I have learned more than I thought I needed to know:

* That there is a difference between a Euro and an American bred Boxer
* Going off of the one above, that it's ok that my Boxer has a slightly longer nose. She is still a Boxer despite what random PetSmart customers say.
* They can eat eggs, garlic, yogurt, pumpkin, fruits and veggies etc.....I felt dumb actually that I didn't realize that

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i have learned so much on this forum ..i don't even know where to start!!!

i have learned that there are different "kinds" of boxers.. i.e.  euro lines, american lines, brindles, fawns, black mask, etc..
i have learned about byb's  which i knew Nothing about...and also learned that sadly my sumya is a product of a byb and i helped keep them in business by buying her.

i have learned NEVER buy from a pet store  NO MATTER WHAT!!

and i also learned that.... i am not the only one who is totally boxer crazy!!!

thanks boxer forums this place is awesome!!!

G

·
0 Posts
[quote="Georgiapeach\";p=\"103951":2w0cjulh]*that reverse brindles appear black, but aren't

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Oh my gosh....I've learned sooo much from forums! It all started when the hubby brought Buster home for me as a Christmas present from a pet store about 8 years ago.
From there, after a few months I found "that site that shall remain nameless," and I met some really great and helpful people there. Believe it or not "that site that shall remain nameless," was not always the way they have become a couple of years ago. I learned a ton of things from the members and even the mods there. When Buster was 9 months old, he was diagnosed with knee and hip dysplasia, I thought my world was going to come crumbling down. I learned all about that, and then when he was diagnosed with boxer cardiomyopathy I learned all about that. I never knew what a holter monitor was until I needed to have Buster hooked up to one for 24 hours. I learned a great deal about seizures from another member who was also going through seizures at the same time my Buster was. I could go on and on with this post. Let's just say that in the past 8-9 years, I have learned a TON about this breed, I think mostly health related issues because of all the health issues I went through with Buster, but I really think I learn something new everyday from the folks on this very forum! So a big thank you everybody!  :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Probably the biggest thing I have learned is the difference of byb and reputable breeder. Dog food analisis. We have had Boxers for the last 14yrs so we already had a pretty good grasp of the health and behavior issues. This Forum is a great place to learn and trade stories. I love looking at pics of everybodys furbabies and skin kids. My skin kids are grown and gone so it does me good to see pics. And we also have an online vet tech to ask questions.  Does'nt get any better than that. :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow awesome idea Heather.... :) It's been almost 10 yrs since I bought Buck home as a puppy for my ex, boy have I learned tons!!! First and foremost breeding, do's & don'ts, what to look for, what to ask, you name it, quality food, health care....I am extremely glad that I found forums( I accidently stumbled onto this one, which was my first), without all the fantastic people that I have met, I would still be very clueless as to "rights & wrongs"...The last thing is I have learned how many people do really care as much as I do about Boxers, we are an awesome group aren't we? :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"104051 said:
we are an awesome group aren't we? :)
You got that right! It's a whole new feeling when you come in contact with someone that is just as crazy as you are about your Boxer.

·
Banned
2,813 Posts
I learned about ACE (very important),
learned about the differences in food,
and I learned that I'm not the only one who's crazy for my boxer.

This forum has been very helpful and everyone is extremely nice. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
JEEZ i can ditto everything written..BUT

i dont know where id be if it wasnt for you all...i have had dogs all my life but not boxers..Isis was my first...

4 yrs old, white, deaf, super sick and emaciated...i did my best to make her life (we were told it wouldnt be long) the best it could be for whatever time she had left

:cry: its 2 yrs later !!!! and the things weve learned here are priceless to me!! for not only Isis but Onyx too !!! the list would go on & on

the things we share and learn are irreplaceable...so thank you guys !!! for not just the "boxierish" things but for everything !

·
Registered
880 Posts
I learned about ACE (which has been mentioned before)  
I learned that someone else has a petite little boxer like Jetta (Cute little Kaci!)
I learned about the proper bite from a post by Heather just yesterday
I learned that garlic in small doses is a flea preventative

I learned that I love Boxer Forums!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts