Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all have different opinions and people have forwarded links in the past but I need some help on this one. I was just on my lunch break and went to a local pet store that has excellent toys to bring Logan home a treat today and decided to pick up an extra bag of food while there. We currently are feeding him Nutro Natural controlled weight for large breed puppies. The gentleman suggested that Nutro is not the best choice for my breed. He has many other customers with boxers and they have expierenced skin dryness and other problems after years of use. He was so adimate that he "GAVE" me a bag of Canidae to start weening to. His main concern with the Nutro is that is has corn and beet pulp in it.

Any help?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Lilly has an even greater looking coat than she used to on the Merrick and her energy is great (read as even better).  It's a great food to consider!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
we use Nutro max and the girls love it. their stools are firm, coats are glossy, and they are maintaing or gaining weight as needed. we dont have any problems with Nutro Max-we havent ever been on the Nutro Natural

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I had mine on the Nutro, but there was a recent scare about the food so I decided to change, my local pet store just started carrying Chicken Soup, which is a great food and both of mine are doing really well on it...Angel has a bit of a delicate digestive system, so sometimes the rich foods bother her....

·
Registered
278 Posts
I switched Bayla and Jaxon to Canidae about 2 weeks ago.  I think it's great so far.  I've talked family members into switching their food to Canidae.  Also, Canidae offers a guarantee, so really if you would have purchased it and didn't like it, they'd refund you.  Jaxon is really too young for me to have noticed any problems from his food, I just chose to get better quality.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Beckham has been on Solid Gold Wolf Cub since we brought him home, we're now in the midst of switching him to the Wolf King formula.  I've really been struggling with the decision of whether or not to switch him to Merrick.  Once in a while we'll get him a can of the Merrick wet and mix with his dry food, but it seemed like the Wilderness blend gave him the runs.  Unfortunately that would be the flavor of dry I would want to put him on, so we're gonna stick with Solid Gold for now.
Eventually I think we will switch him to Merrick or Innova but at this point I just want to get him switched over to adult food.  :eek:
Good luck to you, there's tons of info to sort through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts