Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to do this thread and get a few laughs at all the quirky things our boxers do.  I'll start off by saying that Tyson will only drink filtered water from the fridge.  I it comes from the tap forget it he will not drink a drop.   Sophie has to stand and watch Tyson eat his food after she is finished and then lap his bowl clean everytime we feed them.  How about yours?

Scott

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, I had to think about this one...Samson also has to check out Angel's food bowl after they eat, but what he does is use his paw smack in the middle of the bowl to keep it from moving....Angel, well everything she does makes me laugh, she is the clown I have always wanted...Her "cat pounce" is what cracks me up, when she's getting ready to attack Samson..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Okay, i have many.. but for Tink, at night when we're just going to bed, i say " Tinky im cold!" and she'll come over and paw at the top of the blankets for me to let her under, but if i dont tell her that, she just stares and looks at me for an invitation.
Maddy is hard too.. Her quirk is that she gets really hyper at 9 at night, and starts running around the house making noise and snorting:)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Kash lets himself out to do potty.    Just opens the door and heads downstairs to the front door.  Gotta keep an eye on him because one time we could not find him, and he was downstairs in my aunts house mooching treats.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anytime they have been crated, My boy Keanu has to go into Shelly's crate to check for goodies she may have missed before he can do anything else.

Shelly must bury her marow bones in something for a bit before she can chew on it. After it has been hid for a while it is ok to chew.

Just a couple, I need to think as their are more.

G

·
0 Posts
bo has a few quirks...one is that even when playing hard with me he will not play bite...instead he lifts his lips and rubs the front of his teeth in a biting motion on my hand...another is how he plays keep away with jetta...he carries her or his toys and as jetta tries to take it from him he lifts his head...then he will set it down in front of her and when she goes to get it he will snatch it back up...jetta is how she lays...i swear sometimes I think she broke her neck or back to get in some of those positions

·
Registered
412 Posts
When Shelly is tired her tongue sticks out. effectionatly termed a "Baco". It seams that it is proportional to how tired she is to the length of exposer.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
When daddy comes home Odin goes crazy and jumps on the top of the couch sitting at the top... he'll even try to walk across it like a cat does the top of a fence! It's hilarious... he does it all the time and even though he falls over he gets back up on there... whats funnier is when he jumps from the backend of the couch to get on top!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bo's quirk is that it takes him like forever to find a place to potty.  He is super picky about it... Unless he dedides to go in the house, then anywhere is okay.

Laila is just an instigator.  She won't leave Bo alone to do anything.  Whatever he is doing she has to mess up.  She pounces him when he tries to potty and they both go rolling.  I swear one day Bo is gonna end up just pooing or peeing all over her.  Whatever food bowl he is eating out of she will go to, then he will go to the other and she will go to it.  They go back and forth from bowl to bowl.  Same with toys, getting petted, whatever Bo gets, Laila wants.  Kind of like monkey see, monkey do.  

Laila is bold and demanding.  Bo is laid back and gentle.  Definitely very different indeed.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah has to turn 2 to 3 times before she lays down; its so funny when she does it on the couch because when her feet slip down between the cushions, she has to start over.  The other thing is the way she ponces on her toys, I just love watching it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I saw Lola do this last week and it was the funniest thing.....she has a big bean bag to lay on that we got a few days after we got her.  She was chewing on a bone and decided she had enough.  So I see her walking around the house with it in her mouth.  Then she goes over to the beanbag, pounces on it as to make a hole in the middle, puts her bone in it, and pushes the rest of the bean bag on top of it as if to "hide" her bone.  It was hilarious!  Then she walked away and looked at it and decided that it wasn't a good hiding place, so she "unwrapped" the bean bag and grabbed her bone.  They're characters that's for sure!  There's so much more, I could go on and on!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Baz does this really funny thing everytime one of us comes home or he gets out of his kennel, he'll grab the first thing in sight ie: rag, sock, bone, hat anything and parade it around the apartment for a good 10 minutes.  It's so stinking cute!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
as soon as sumya comes in from her morning walk she runs to her toy box ( wicker basket) and pulls out all of her toys!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Duke won't drink water any where but home.  I think Im going to try taking his water dish next time to see if that will help.  When we went to my parents on Thanksgiving I could tell how thirsty he was but he would not drink out of my moms dogs dish.  I put some water in my hand and that worked a little.  

Then when Adam is on his way home from work, I will tell Duke "wheres papa? Papa's on his way home" he will get so excited and sit by the door whining until Adam gets home.  Its so cute how much he loves his papa.  

He will also circle around a few times before he lays down.  I like to distract him so he will have to start over.  :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tyson will go to the window @ 2:45 everyday and sit with his head on the window sill until I get home @ 3:15.  He refuses to poop on the lawn, he has to go on the edge of the road during his walk.  

Scott

G

·
0 Posts
well when me and the kids go to get into the bath baby likes to try to get into the bath with the three of us,jeannie,connor and big fat prego me and when she can't she sits along the side till we get out and then she jumps in then jumps right out to shake water all over the place and run around the house with the kids to get everything soaked because she jumps back in and out the entire time the bath tub is emptying and god forbid i close the bathroom door because she crys so loud the neightbours have called me and asked if everything is ok lol....but its funny to watch her and the kids run like mad around the house!!!..she alsi likes to pull a sleigh so her and the kids get dressed and head out to go dog sledding baby acctually steps in to the harness and gets ready to go and she runs like mad pulling the kids kinda like a snow bomb. I have to pick her up and the kids to get them inside so cold that they are going blue but don't want to come in.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LOL at all the crazy things these dogs do! Donner has a few quirks but probably the one that is the funniest...... he very rarely barks at anything but let him see a lawnmower tire rim and he LOSES his mind!!! Barking, woo wooing, diving at it with his front feet stretched waaay out.hysterical!!!! The neighbor laughed so hard about it he videoed it into his phone "to show the guys at work" Crazy pup, we finally had to put it up out of sight on a garage shelf :rofl:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Wow...Fiona has a few also....She slap's her feet on the ground when she wants to play (there is a video of it on here somewhere), if she even thinks you are going somewhere she will run from your feet to the door about 100 times (which is aggrivating in the mornings when getting ready for work), she loves to go but will fall asleep within 3 minutes of getting in the car and going anywhere, with the three of us she will only rough play with my husband.....and for whatever reason I think she has become a master of giving go to H#LL looks when she does not get her way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts